October 2000 - December 2000
4)Wednesday December 6, 2000Jogging at night (Fine & Windy)
- I had been a touch of cold and thus I could not jog at night. However, I jogged tonight after a long intervals.
- I left home at 9:30 PM. I ran 10 km alongside Ochiai & Kurome Rivers.
- When started, I could see the Orion in the west sky, which is the typical constellation of
winter. It was very windy and I felt coldness.
- I thought that no one except me did run such a cold night. However, totally, I met 9 runners!
I felt easiness since I could see the people jogging at night in winter.
- It was very cold, but I did sweat since I jogged with wind breaker.
I will try to jog at night once a week from now on.
3)Saturday November 11, 2000 Jogging in the autumn morning (fine weather)
- I will join 3 races consecutively from the end of this month. Thus only in this week and next week,
I can train. This morning, I got up 5:30 and started to jog at 6:30.
As this Sunday, it was fine this morning. When starting, I could see nice sunrise!
It was cold and my breath was white. The most popular flower now ia a chrysanthemum.
Various colors of those flowers can be seen everywhere. Flowers of sasanqua can be
also seen. The winter is coming! Today, I jogged to Tamako Lake. The total distance was 27 km.
The leaves of cherry trees on the Tamako Lake Cycling Road started to turn red.
Soon all leaves will be gone! The marathon races will be done everywhere. The best
season for hot Japanese sake has come. (By the way, I usually drink Japanese sake as it was. That means I usually do not drink
- The monthly total running distance so far is 63 km.
2)Saturday October 28, 2000October Running Period Part II (Cloudy then rainy)
Seibu Dome Ball Park & Leo Liner
Tamako-Lake & Birds of Passage
- October Running Period is ending.(I have only four more days to go.) Total running distance so far is 209 km.
- Last night, one of my running mates who now stays in Singapore temporarily came back to Tokyo and thus
we gathered at the pub of Kanda station and had a party. Therefore, I could not jog this morning.
- I decided to jog 31 km today and left home around 2:00 PM toward Tamako-Lake with digital camera.
- However, I could not find out good subjects at the initial stage. I finally found the deep red salvia in front of Seibu
- Then, as usual, I arrived in the Sayama park just below Tamako-Lake.
However, since the running distance is only around 13 km from my house, I continued to run to the Seibu Dome Ball Park.
- The distance to Seibu Dome is approx. 15.5 km, so I turned back.
- I could watch many birds of passage on the Tamako-Lake. (Winter is coming!)
- Unexpectedly, the rain started! I was caught in a rain while training after a long time.
- The total running distance became 240 km today! I could clear my target distance of 225 km.
- The weatherman says it will be rainy all day tomorrow. However, I will run 10 km at least, then
my total running distance will be 250 km!
(PS On October 29, 2000, I jogged 15 km in the rain and thus the total running distance in October became 255 km!)
1)Sunday October 1, 2000October Running Period Part I (Cloudy)
- October is a period of 'Let's run as long as possible' under the auspices of the monthly
marathon magazine 'Runners'. I am participating this event with my running mates as I did last year.
The target of total running distance for this year is 225 km! This means I must run at least
50 km every week. Therefore, I decided to run weekday in addition to weekend although I have
never run weekday. I am confident I will be able to accomplish! This morning, I got up early to
jog. However, it rained heavily and I gave up. By 7:30 AM, the rain stopped and
thus I started to jog for 11 km. In the afternoon, I also jogged 10km. The total jogging
distance is 21 km today. By the way, I totally ran 54 km last week.
- I was very excited when Ms. Naoko Takahashi got the gold medal at women's marathon
race of Sydney Olympic Games. (I watched the TV enthusiastically last Sunday.)
I hoped both Misses Yamaguchi and Ichihashi would also get medals.
- Today is the men's marathon day. I watched the TV and was disappointed
to learn that no
Japanese runners got medal!