October 2001 - December 2001
3)Saturday November 17, 2001 Running Mates in Higashi-kurume (Fine)
- I met with my running mates, Mr. F & Mr. O at 5:00 PM in front of Higashi-kurume Station. Then we started to jog
alongside Kurome River for 1 hour. When starting, it was still light outside. But it was already dark when we came back to the station.
It was a little bit cold, but I sweated after running.
- We rushed to the pub restaurant after running. First we drank cold beer deliciously.
- We, three members, drank, ate, chatted about running and had a very good time although Mr. F and Mr. O met for the first time.
Of course, we drank hot Japanese Sake after drinking beer.
- It is good to meet and chat with running mates in the vicinity. Dear Messers F and O, let's have a party again!
Is there anyone who wants to join us?
At pub restaurant
2)November 10 & 11, 2001 Kibiji District & Gohkei (Fine)
Saturday November 10
- Suddenly, I was forced to come back to Okayama with private matter.
I took running wears and shoes just in case.
- It rained hard in the morning. I had to go out in the rain to catch up with
the first train at Higashi-kurume station. I took on the Super Express 'Nozomi' at 6:53 AM from Tokyo Station.
- The weather was recovering as the train went to the west. I arrived in Okayama at 10:14 AM.
Traveling by 'Nozomi' is very comfortable since it takes only 3 hours and 30 minutes from Tokyo to Okayama.
- It was fine and not so cold there. I reached my parental home around 11:00 AM.
- After finishing my private matter, I decided to jog since it was fine weather.
I started around 2:00 PM to Kibiji District as usual. I planned to jog around 10 km.
However, I ran almost 20 km although it was hard. I met only one middle-aged jogger while jogging.
(NOTE) I joined the party sponsored by Runners Magazine on Friday night with my three running mates
since the 'Runners Cafe' was opened at the head office of Runners Magazine.
(We could drink beer and Japanese Sake freely! Dry Japanese Sake 'Bishounen:Beautiful Boy' was very tasty!)
Of course we could visit new imaging studio and also drink enough! Such being the case, it was very hard for me
to get up early in the Saturday morning.
I could drink only one canned beer in the 'Nozomi' train. (I could drink as usual at night!)
Sunday November 11
- It was also fine on Sunday. However, it was cold in the morning. Good for jogging!
I left at 8:15 AM for 'Gokei' , where is famous for the sightseeing of red leaves in Okayama.
The distance is approx. 30 km.
- I ran the same course as that of yesterday and went on the north alongside
the Route 180. Soon I came across Takahashi River (One of three main rivers of Okayama)
then I ran alongside Makiya River, a branch of Takahashi River, to reach 'Gokei'
- I could see a flock of Common Cormorants at Takahashi River. I felt being tired after passing
20 km, but continued to run.
- The road alongside Makiya River was getting upward and narrowing.
- As I was approaching 'Gokei', the cars were jamming on the road and it was hard and dangerous to run.
- Finally, I arrived in the parking lot of 'Gokei'. It took three hours!
A lot of people were there since the beautiful red leaves could be seen.
- I did not have a time to enjoy red leaves there since I had to come back to
Tokyo on the same day. My niece was waiting there to pick up me by car.
- We went back by car. We returned the same route by car in a short time where I ran
in the morning for three hours. I felt a little bit ridiculous.
- We dropped in the State-established provincial temple of Bicchu (Kibiji District).
A lot of people were gathering there since some entertaiments (Serving vegitable soup cooked with large pot) were held.
- A cup of 'Vegitable soup' was sold at Yen100. This should have been provided
free of charge if they wanted to gather more tourists.
- A lot of people were making lines to get on the 'Baloon'. The cost was also Yen100 per a person.
Serving Vegitable Soup
(NOTE) I took a lot of photos during jogging. However, to my regret, I lost most of them since
I erroneously operated the digital camera.
1)Saturday October 20, 2001The 18th All Japan October 2001 Running Period (Fine)
- Lately, the weather changes periodically. During the week, it was rainy on both Wednesday and Thursday. It was fine on Friday.
It is fine also today with deep blue sky!
- October is a running period promoted by "Runners' Magazine". My total running distance by last week was 141 km.
Last night, I ran 10km. Thus the total was 151 km as of last night.
My final goal of this year is 250 km.
- Today, I had a plan to run 30km. I left home at 6:40 AM.
I tried to go to Tamako-Lake via Tamako-Lake Cycling Road.
It was cold this morning and thus I had to wear long-sleeve T-shirt.
There were few runners there.
- Since I ran 10 km last night, my running pace was so slow this morning.
However, I managed to arrive in the Tamoko-Lake. Then I continued to run alongside Tamako-Lake
until the total one-way distance became 15 km.(Very close to Seibu Dome Stadium)
- When turning back, the temperature went up and I wanted to take off long-sleeve shirt.
I started to come across many runners.
- I happened to meet Mr. F who lives in Higashi-kurume City around Hagiyama Station of Seibu Line.
We were both surprised. We just said "Hello!" and left each other this time.
- I arrived in my home around 10:00 AM. I once thought I could run 40 km today, but I gave up.
I only had a power to run 30 km today.
- I will try to run 20 km tomorrow so that the total running distance becomes 200 km.