January 2002 - March 2002
5)Saturday March 23, 2002 Visiting Cherry Blossom Parks by jogging (Cloudy)
- This year, now is the best time for flower viewing of cherry blossom.
Following March 20, I visited cherry blossom parks by jogging.
- I left home around 9:00 AM. It was cloudy and cool.
- There is a wonderful avenue of cherry blossom alongside Yanase River near Kiyose Daida social welfare housing area.
(Shimojuku, Kiyose City). Cherry blossom was just in full bloom.
It was more wonderful if it was fine weather. It was cold and thus a few flower viewers were there.
- I could also see many flowers of dogtooth violets in the thicket of assorted trees
at Nakazato, Kiyose City.
- On my way to my home, I dropped in the Hakusan Park located 7-chome Takiyama, Higashi-kurume City.
You can see cherry blossom there. A lot of people gathered regardless of cold weather.
- Finally, I came home and took pictures of cherry blossom in the backyard of my house.
- Running distance of today: 30 km
Cherry blossom & Yanase River
Arch of cherry blossom
Alongside Yanase River
Trunk & Cherry
Cherry Tree in my backyard
4)Thursday March 21, 2002 Tamako-Lake Cycling Road (Fine)
- This year, flowering time of cherry blossom is said to be 2 weeks earlier than usual.
- I decided to jog to Tamako-Lake via Tamako-Lake Cycling Road since I heard that the cherry blossom was in full bloom.
- I left home before 9:00 AM. It was fine and warm.
- The cherry blossom was almost in full bloom. It was good to jog under the cherry blossom.
- Tamako-Lake Ekiden (Relay marathon race) was just being held near Tamako Lake.
A lot of runners and gallery were gathering there.
- My junior son happened to join the race. I could reach there just before the starting time.
- He was the third runner and I cheered him when he relayed from the second runner.
- After my son's goal, I left for my home. However, suddenly, a strong south wind started to blow.
Owing to heavy wind, soil and dust soared into the sky. It was hard to breathe and open the eyes.
- I could not enjoy cherry blossom any more.
- When I came back home, I was covered with sweat/dust/soil! Running distance: 25 km
Cherry Blossom & Cycling Road
3)Wednesday February 20, 2002 Sydney, Australia (Fine)
- I could visit Sydney, Australia owing to business trip. It is summer now! I saw a lot of joggers in the suburbs in the evening.
- Of course, I put shoes and running wears in the luggage in case that I might run the Sydney marathon course.
To my regret, I did not have a chance this time since I just stayed three days there and had no time.
- The native told me that there was a blue line on the marathon course. I could see the line
when I crossed the Sydney Harbor Bridge by car.
- The blue line crosses the road on the bridge (i.e. Line shifts from left to right.).
However, after the race, it is said that some drivers thought it as center line and traffic accidents occurred.
Thus some part of blue line was erased to prevent the accidents. I could make sure it.
- By the way, I could enjoy tasting Aussie beef and wines!
City from Darling Harbor
2)Saturday, February 2, 2002 Higashi-kurume Fathers' Runner-Club (Weather:Cloudy)
- We had a meeting after an interval of 3 months.
- Last time (in November 2001), we had only three members. However, this time, two more members were expected to join, resulting in totally 5 members.
- To my regret, only 3 regular members gathered at Higashi-kurume Station at 5:00 PM.
(One caught a cold, the other got another assignment.)
- Anyway, we ran 10 km alongside Kurome River as usual.
- Then we went to the newly opened pub restaurant "Watami" (Harmonized People) just in front of the station.
, which is one of the most popular pub restaurants lately in Japan.
- The restaurant was already crowded when we arrived at 6:00 PM.
- We talked about running/marathon races and drank enough beer/sake until 9:00 PM.
- We had nice/useful time. Welcome! New-comer!
1)Thursday January 3, 2002The First Jogging in 2001 (Fine)
- I went back to my home country (Okayama Pref. ) from December 26, 2001 to January 2, 2002.
However, to my regret, I could not jog at all by some reason.
- Yesterday, I came back to Tokyo and today is the first jogging day in 2002!
- First, I worshipped at Hikawa Shrine and prayed for safety in 2002.
Then I jogged alongside Ochiai/Kurome Rivers for 10 km.
- It was freezing in Okayama, however, it was mild in Tokyo today. Therefore, I could see several joggers
in the course.
- A lot of migratory birds were on the Ochiai River. I could see yellow "Roubai" flowers alongside Kurome River.
Roubai (Wax Plum Blossom) Flowers