October 2002 - December 2002
8)Saturday November 30, 2002
Total Running Distance in November 2002 : 302 km
- This week, I ran twice in the early morning and ran on Saturday 10 km.
- Thus monthly total running distance is 302 km. I could fulfil the norm.
- In December, I will make a business trip for one week to New Zealand. Therefore, I am not sure if
I could run more than 300 km, but I will try my best.
7)Sunday November 17, 2002
Weekly Running Report
- I ran three times in the early morning on weekday, resulting in totally 30 km running distance.
- On Saturday, I ran to Tamako-Lake. The running distance was 31 km.
The leaves of the trees alongside Tamako-Lake Cycling Road were already falling.
- The red leaves in the Sayama Park was marvelous.
- On Sunday, I ran alongside Nobidome Irrigation to Heirinji-Temple.
The red leaves in the Heirinji-Temple seemed to be good in next week.
- The total running distance on Sunday was 21 km. The grand total running distance in November was
193 km so far.
Red leaves in the Sayama Park
6)Thursday October 31, 2002
October total running distance : 344 km
- This week, I ran on Tuseday, Wednesday and Thursday consecutively in early morning. The total distance was 30 km.
- Thus October total running distance became 344 km.
- I could pass my target of 300 km.
- I intend to run at least 300 km monthly from now on until I complete Saroma Ultra Marathon Race (100 km) in 2003.
5)Rainy, Saturday October 26, 2002
- I ran three times during this weekday. The weekly distance was 30 km.
- Last night, I met my senior at the university and drank and chatted.
Thus this morning, I was a little bit hangover. To make the matter worse, it was rainy in the morning as forecasted.
- Anyway, I went out in the rain to jog. It was cold.
- At first, I planned to run only 10 km. However, finally, I went to Ohizumi Central Park and ran 20 km.
The total monthly running distance is 293 km.
- I will join Teganuma Half Marathon Race tomorrow. I will reach the goal of 300 km tomorrow!
4)Cloudy, Sunday October 20, 2002
October Running Period
- According to the weather forecast, it would rain heavily all day. However, actually, the
rain stopped in the early morning.
- I had a plan to run 20 km. I started to run alongside Nobidome Irrigation and passed
by Heirinji Temple.
- It was cool and good for running.
- Finally I ran alongside Kurome River and then I happened to meet Mr. S who was running fast
- Yesterday, I ran 30 km to Tamako Lake. The monthly total running distance so far is 243 km.
I could somehow see the goal (300 km).
3)October 12 - October 14
Three Consecutive Holidays
- Saturday October 12, Fine ----- Toward Tama River
- The weather of this weekend seems to be good. My target of total running distance is 90km.
- I left home at 7:00 AM. The air was cold.
- I had a plan to go to Tama River directly, however, when I came across Nogawa River, I ran into the course alongside
- I ran approx. 1.5 km to Musashino Park, then I ran southward to Tama River. However, I did not have a map and thus I ran
at a venture.
- Shortly, I came across the wide and straight road toward Tokyo Stadium.
The road extended to Tobitakyu station of Keio Line. Alongside, I could see a big campus of Tokyo University of Foreign Studies.
- After passing the Keio Line, I lost my way, but I continued to run without knowing the location.
- Soon I met Chuo Expressway and I ran alongside the expressway since I thought I could shortly reach Tama River.
(Actually I should have crossed the expressway! But I did not know since I did not have a map)
However, I had never reached Tama River and finally gave up.
- At the point of 19 km from my home, I decided to return.
- Anyway, I could return to the road alongside Nogawa River again.
- On my way home, I dropped in Koganei Park and found Citizens Festival was being held.
A lot of food boothes were there.
- Consequently, I bought a canned beer and drank!
- I ran back home with slightly intoxicated.
- As I lost my way, the total running distance became 40 km instead of 30 km. But I was exhausted!
Road toward Tokyo Stadium
Entrance of Tokyo Stadium
- Sunday October 13, FineArakawa River
- The second day's destination was Arakawa River. I left home at 7:15 AM.
- It was fine and refreshing morning. A lot of people were fishing at Kurome River.
- I passed Ohizumi Park and continued to run with slow pace.
- When I entered into Wako-city, I ran alongside Shirako River toward Arakawa River.
- Finally, I arrived in the bank of Arakawa River. The distance was approx. 19 km.
A lot of people were playing baseball.
- I ran down the bank and reached the Arakawa River. I could see people practicing regatta on the river.
- To my regret, a huge amount of trash was dumped there!
I did not see it last time.
- On the way back to my home, I suddenly felt a pain in my ankle.
I sometimes stopped to ease the pain, but also tried to run as much as possible although the pain continued.
I finally came back home.
- As soon as I reached home, I applied anti-pain medicine, but I still have pain.
- It seemed that I ran too much in two days.
- Today's running distance was 37 km. Monthly total running distance is 160 km. So far, so good, but accident happened.
- Monday October 14, Fine ---- Walking alongside Ochiai/Kurome Rivers
- Fortunately, when I waked up, the pain in the ankle almost disappeared.
- However, as a precaution, I gave up jogging and decided to walk.
- I walked as fast as possible alongside Kurome/Ochiai Rivers including the roads where I usually did not run.
- When walking, I could notice the scenery which I did not recognize while running. I thought walking once in a while was not so bad.
- I happened to see Mr. S and his son. They were jogging together. I envied them.
- I walked approx 13 km for two hours. I could fulfil my norm. I wish I could run 100 km
during the holidays. The monthly total running distance including walking is 173 km now.
2)Friday October 11, 2002
Jogging in the early morning
- I jogged in the early morning after a long interval. I left home around 4:30 AM.
- It's already autumn and thus it's still dark. It was fine and cold.
I could see Orion and Sirius in the southern part of the sky and Jupiter shining in the east.
- I felt cold with half-sleeve T-shirt and short running pant.
I did not wear gloves and thus my hands were getting cold.
- I was finally getting warm after 30 minutes running.
But my hand did not warm.
- Only a few people were running/walking before 5:00 AM.
- It was getting light in the east sky after 5:00 AM. Then more walkers appeared.
- The running distance so far in this month is 83 km.
1)October 5 - October 6, 2002
October Running Period
- Saturday October 5, Fine --- Tamako-Lake
- Every year, October is the running Period.
- I went to Germany from September 24 to October 1, 2002 owing to business trip.
- Thus I could not start to run on October 1.
My first run was in the early morning of October 3.
I had a plan to run on October 4, however, I could not get up early in the morning. I was exhausted.
- Therefore, I intended to run more than 30 km on Saturday.
- However, on Friday night, I had the first-half-of-the-fiscal-year-end party
and I drank too much and came home in the morning!
- Anyway, I left home at 9:30 AM with hangover toward Tamako-Lake.
- It was hot and hard for me to run.
- I managed to reach Tamako-Lake and jogged around Sayama Park.
- It was so hard to run a long distance. The running distance was 33 km.
- The images shown below are cathedoral in Koln, Germany. The river is Rhein.
- Sunday October 6, CloudyYanase/Karabori Rivers
- This day, I ran alongside Kurome River. Then I arrived in Yanase River and Karabori River.
- It was also hot and I sweated so much.
- I was still tired and tried to run as slow as possible.
- I could run 30 km! The total running distance was 73 km.
- My target is 300 km. It's too far!