October 2003 - December 2003
2)Saturday October 18, 2003 Weather : Rain, then cloudy occasionally sunny.
I thought I could meet the seal named "Tama-chan" this time, but I couldn't.
- I could only run one time in the early morning during this weekday owing to rainy day or drink-party day.
- I watched the NHK Morning TV News on Friday. It reported that "Tama-chan" just came back to the
boat which he was used to rest there.
- Thus I decided to run to there on Saturday to meet him.
- I got up at 5:00 AM. However, while preparing for running, I heard the sound of rain.
I indeed disappointed. Last night, the weatherman did not say anything that we would have rain on Saturday morning.
- However, fortunately, the rain stopped around 6:00 AM. I went out to run to Arakawa River
with daypack contained digital camera on back.
- As usual, I reached the bank of Arakawa River via Ohizumi Central Park.
And I ran northwards alongside Arakawa River. I met only a few joggers and cyclists
on the cycling road since it was early in the morning and it was chilly.
- I finally arrived in the place where I could meet "Tama-chan" around 8:30 AM.
I could see more than 10 Tama-chan-watchers were there.
- Getting excited, I approached there. However, to my regret, I could not see "Tama-chan" anywhere!
He seemed to go out for catching fishes.
- Watchers had been waiting until he would come back with camera/tele-photo-lens/ tripod or binoculars.
- I was also waiting there for 30 minutes, however, I could not stand since it was a little bit cold with only half-sleeve T-shirt.
I gave up and decided to come back home.
Near Iron Bridge of JR Musashino Line
- Anyway, Japanese including me must be curious.
- I came home alongside Kurome River. Today's running distance is 43 km. Monthly running distance is 204 km.
The balance is 96 km.
1)October 11 - 13, 2003
3 consecutive holidays
- Saturday October 11 : Cloudy Ohizumi Central Park
- I got a sudden job to do in the day time. Thus I was forced to get up
early in the morning to jog.
- I left for Ohizumi Central Park around 4:45 AM.
- I met many walkers alongside Kurome River after 5:00 AM.
- At the ground near the junction of Ochiai and Kurome Rivers, more than 30 old ladies and gentlemen were
radio-exercising when I was passing there around 6:30 AM.
- Sunday October 12 : Rainy, then cloudy Running around Tamako Lake
- I had a plan to do the LSD (Long slow distance) on the second day of the holidays.
However, to my regret, it had been raining and it seemed not to stop.
- The rain finally stopped past 9:00 AM. I rushed to run around 9:30 AM.
The destination was Tamako Lake.
- I ran around Tamako Lake clockwise this time. In this case, at the intial half stage, the course
is upwards. I met several runners while running.
- I managed to complete the all course, however, it was a little bit hard for me to run
40 km after a long interval.
- Monday October 13 : Cloudy Karabori/Yanase Rivers
- Today is a national holiday (The day of physical culture).
- I could not get up early this morning and thus I left home around 9:00 AM.
It was cloudy, but it was humid and hot like summer. The weatherman said the temperture
might rise to 29 degrees Centigrade.
- I jogged alongside Karabori/Yanase Rivers and returned home via
Keyaki (zelkova tree) Road of Kiyose City.
- In the Keyaki Road, a marathon race for Kiyose citizens was being held.
Many primary school students were running there.
- Today's running distance was 23 km. I ran totally 83 km for three days.
(My planned distance was 90 km.)
- Consequently, the grand total distance of OCTOBER RUN is now 151 km.
The balance is 149 km!