January 2004 - March 2004
6)Sunday February 29, 2003 Weather : Cloudy occasionally sunny
February total running distance : 338 km
- It was reported that it would be rainy only in the morning. Thus I intended to run
in the afternoon. However, it seemed that it would not rain. I decided to run around 8:00 AM.
- Yesterday, I ran to Arakawa River. The running distance was 36 km. Today's my plan was to run around 15 km.
- First, I reached Koganei Park, then went to the starting point of Tamako Lake Cycling Road.
I continued to run alongside Itsukaichi Highroad.
- However, soon, I got lost since I did not have a map.
- I was forced to come back to the place where I could identify.
Then I ran to Tanashi alongside Musashisakai Street and got home.
Today's running distance was 20 km. It did not rain.
- The total running distance in February is 338 km. I could run more than I expected this month.
5)Saturday February 21, 2004 Weather : Sunny
Running to Tama River
- It was said that the temperature would be 17 degrees Centigarade. It's almost April!
- I decided the destination as Tama River. I left home at 7:20 AM. It was cool in the morning.
- I ran alongside Shin-koganei Highroad and reached the Koremasa Bridge as usual.
It was getting warmer and warmer while running.
- I felt so good and thus I continued to run on the bank of Tama River almost 2 km while
I did not have a plan first.
- Then, I ran alongside the road to Chofu city. Soon I came across Tama Cemetery.
- I ran through the cemetery and came back home via Tohachi Road and Shin-koganei Highroad.
- I visited Tama Cemetery for the first time. It was so spacious and I was surprised to learn that
there were so many big and gorgeous tombs.
- Today's my planned runnning distance was 30 km. But actually I ran 37 km.
- I ran totally 242 km so far in February.
4)Sunday February 15, 2004 Weather : Sunny
- I started to run from 7:00 AM after a long interval on holiday.
It was fine. Temperture was 4 degrees Centigrade. It was not so cold.
- Yesterday, the spring-heralding storm came on earlier than usual.
The ume flowers started to come out.
- I found lovely daffodils alongside Kurome River.
- It's hard for me to run a long distance since I just joined Katsuta full marathon race on February 11, 2004.
- I ran alongside Nobidome irrigation via Heirinji Temple. The distance was 20 km.
When passing Heirinji Temple around 8:00 AM, I heard sutra-chanting and beating a bass drum.
- So far, total running distance in February is 185 km.
3)Saturday January 31, 2004 Weather : Sunny
January total running distance : 302 km
- When completing the Tateyama Wakashio Marathon Race last Sundy, the total running distance in January was 278 km.
The target was 300 km and the balance was 22 km.
- However, after the full marathon race, I did not have a mind to run for a while.
I only ran 10 km in the early morning on January 29.
- Then I ran again today 14 km alongside Kurome/Ochiai Rivers.
Finally the total running distance became 302 km. I could fulfil the norma.
- I have a plan to keep monthly 300 km distance until I join Saroma Ultra Matathon Race in late June.
2)Saturday January 17, 2004 Weather : Cloudy then snow
Weather Forecast "Cloudy then Snow"
- The weather forecast of January 17 was "Cloudy then smow. Snow may lay a couple of inches deep."
Thus I got up at 5:30 AM and started to jog at 6:30 AM.
- As forecasted, it was cloudy in the early morning. The temperature was 2 degrees Centigrade. Cold!
I was running with woolen cap for the protection against the cold.
- The running course was alongside Karabori & Yanase Rivers.
We did have little rain lately, thus the amount of water of Karabori River was very little.
I could see that the part of water in the river was frozen.
- It was so cold that my body did not warm up while running.
- During the winter season, there is no flowers and all I can see is leafless trees. I cannot
enjoy the scenery.
- Therefore, while I was running, I was listening to the radio for diversion with earphone.
- Today's running distance was 29 km. In January, so far, the total running distance is
- The snow started to fall around noon.
- I joined "Higashi-kurume father's club" at night after a long interval.
Six members gathered at the Japanese pub in front of Higashi-kurume
Station. We drank, chatted and enjoyed very much as usual.
1)Sunday January 4, 2004 Weather : Sunny
- When I ran alongside Kurome River to Arakawa River last December, I could see a flock of
black-headed gulls around Asaka City.
- I could see the flock in Kurome River for the first time. Unfortunately, at that time,
I did not have a digital camera and could not record.
- Therefore, I decided to see black-headed gulls with digital camera again.
- I left home around 9:45 AM. It was fine, but cold north wind was blowing.
- I was running alongside Kurome River downstream.
- The place where the flock of black-headed gulls can be seen is near the railway bridge of
Tobu Tojo Line, located very close to Asakadai Station.
- The distance from my home is 12.5 km.
- I could see more black-headed gulls in last December.
- I ran 25 km. So far, totally I ran 55 km in January.