JANUARY 2005 - MARCH 2005
3)Saturday, March 19, 2005 Weather : Sunny
A breath of spring
- I had been busy officially and privately and thus I did not have enough time to run long hours.
- I intend to join the full marathon race of Sakura on next Sunday, however, I did not run so much this month.
- Therefore, I challenged 30 km distance to Tamako Lake after a long interval.
- This winter is long and cold and it snowed a lot.
- I left home at 7:30 AM with digital camera. It was fine and still cold.
- It's late in March, but the Ume flowers are now in full blossom. The season of cherry-blossom is far away.
- Mr. Fuji is still fully covered with snow.
- But I could hear the Japanese bush barblers singing in the Sayama Park.
It's almost spring.
- I looked for spring flowers and took photos while returning to my home.
- Soon the spring will come when a lot of beautiful flowers good for photo object appear.
- I completed 30 km jogging although my right leg is not so good.
2)Saturday, January 22, 2005 Weather : Sunny & Cold
- It was rainy and freezing on both last Saturday and Sunday and thus I could not have a chance to run last weekend.
- I intended to run week day of this week, however, I could not carry out.
- As of January 21, 2005, the total running distance in January is only 69 km!
- I have a plan to join the full marathon race next Sunday and thus I definitely need training to complete the race.
I decided to run to Tamako Lake today.
- I left home at 8:15 AM. It was sunny and cold. The cold north wind continued to blow while running.
- I managed to reach Tamako Lake and could see the fully snow-covered Mt. Fuji over Tamako Lake, which is under construction.
Mt. Fuji over Tamako Lake
- After passing 20 km point, I started to feel pains on my legs and was forced to slow down.
- I felt that the distance to my home was too far. The blank of last week end
effected very much. Anyway, I managed to come back home, however, I was exhaused since I ran 30 km after a long interval.
1)Monday, January 3, 2005 Weather : Sunny
First run in 2005
- I could not run at the end of 2004 owing to snowy weather.
- It snowed on December 29, 2004 all day in Tokyo.
- On December 31, 2004, next day when I went to Okayama, it also snowed.
I took running wears, but I could not wear them in Okayama.
- By the way, on the new year's day, I joined the bus tour visiting three famous shrines, i.e., Kasuga Taisha Shrine, Miwa Taisha Shrine and
Kashihara Jungu Shrine. I was overwhelmed at many worshippers at Kashihara Jingu Shrine.
- It was so cold in the morning since snow fell on December 31 is still everywhere.
- Today, before jogging, I first visitied Hikawa Jinja Shrine to worshuip for new year.
I was offered sacred Sake there and also I drew a sacred lot. I got "Good Luck".
- I jogged alongside Ochiai/Kurome Rivers.
- On the way, I dropped in the Higashi-kurume station terrace
to see Mt. Fuji from there. I could see snow-covered Mt. Fuji.
Mt. Fuji from Fujimi Terrace.
- There were still snows here and there and sometimes it was dangerous to jog.
- The temperature of this morning was below zero, however, the temperature rose up to 10 degrees Centigrade after 10:00 AM.
- I jogged 10 km today.
- I will enjoy jogging this year suitable for my age. I will not overrun this year.