April 2005 - June 2005
7)Saturday, June 25, 2005 Weather : Cloudy then occasionally sunny
Tamagawa Irrigation & Tama River
- After a long interval, I planned to run more than 40 km.
- Checking through the map, I decided to run alongside Tamagawa Irrigation, then to run to Tama River via Tachikawa City.
and return to home.
- According to the weather forecast, it would be sunny and hot even in rainy season. The maximum temperature would be around
32 degrees Centigrade!!
- To avoid the heat, I woke up at 4:00 AM and left home before 5:00 AM.
- It was cool in the early morning, however, I was still sleepy.
- As soon as I started to run, I started to sweat.
After dropping in the Koganei Park, I entered the course alongside Tamagawa Irrigation.
- The course was full of green and I could refresh. Soon I met a lot of walkers.
- After 1 hour 45 minutes (17 km), I finally reached Tamagawajosui Station of Seibu Line.
- Then, I ran alongside Tama Mono-rail. There was nice walkway and thus I could continue to run to Tama River
alongside the monorail. However, soon the walkway was terminated!
- Therefore, I was forced to run Imokubo highroad. Then I entered into Tachikawa highroad.
I ran through the Tachikawa City and finally arrived in the Hino Bridge of Tama River.
(2 hours 30 minutes, 23 km)
- Then I continued to run the cycling road of Tama River to Koremasa Bridge of Fuchu-hommachi.
- The sun started to beat down.
- A lot of cyclists were enjoying the cycling on the road. However, I could see only a few runners. Anyway, it was too hot for running.
- I managed to reach the Koremasa Bridge. However, contrary to my expectation, the running distance already reached to 35 km.
I had to run further 15 km to come home! I was worrying a little bit if I could run home.
- Anyway, I still continued to run slowly drinking water many times to prevent heat injury.
- I could come back to Koganei Park anyway (45 km). However, it was the limits of my running.
Tamagawa Irr Station
Tama River near Hino Bridge
- I had to walk from Koganei Park to my home for 7 km.
- The total running and walking distance of today was 52 km!! I was exhausted.
6)Saturday, June 11, 2005 Weather : Cloudy occasionally rainy
Iris Festival at Kitayama Park (Part II)
- Rainy season just started in Kanto District. It was rany at dawn.
- The rain stopped in the morning and thus I decided to visit Kitayama Park again to check
the Iris flowers.
- I changed the course and I ran alongside the Hakkokusan Green Hills to reach the park.
- On arriving the park, it just started to rain. Fortunately, the rain was not heavy.
- It was around 9:30 AM and there were many visitors in the park.
The ratio of bloom was almost 30%, I guess. It was wonnderful.
- Many snack bars were prepared there.
- Higashi-murayama Station was crowdede with guests to visit the park.
They are surely satisfied with flowers today!
- I returned home running alongside Karabori/Yanase Rivers. The running distance was 34 km.
5)Saturday, June 4, 2005 Weather : Cloudy
Iris Festival at Kitayama Park
- I went to Izu area last weekend with my running mates and ran the slopes and seashore of Izu.
I had muscular pain after a long interval.
- Today, I decided to go to see iris flowers at Kitayama Park in Higashi-murayama City.
Iris festival is held between June 1 and June 19. Kitayama Park is famous for iris flowers.
- I left home at 6:30 AM. It seemed to start raining when I left home.
- I reached Higashi-murayama station of Seibu Line via Tamako Lake Cycling Road and Fuchu Highroad.
The distance from the station to the park is approx. 1 km.
- Contrary to my expectation, I could see a small amount of flowers.
The flowers have just started to bloom. I guess the rate of bloom was less than 5 %.
- It was 8:00 AM when I arrived in the park, however, there were already several visitors.
Anyway, I took pictures of flowers. I think the best time for iris flower viewing is after June 12.
I think it would be marvelous when the flowers are in full blossom.
- I could enjoy seeing the flowers of water lily.
- When coming back, I met the people with brochures of iris festival heading for the park at the station.
I guess they may be a little bit disappointed when they reach the park.
- Today's running distance was 27 km. I was relieved that it did not rain.
4)Sunday, May 22, 2005 Weather : Cloudy
- Yesterday, I went a pilglim after a long interval. I visted 20th Fudasho, Saimyoji Temple, located in the Mashiko-cho, Tochigi
Pref. Mashiko is famous for it's pottery (Mashiko Yaki). I took on Kanto Railways and Maoka Railways and enjoyed the local scenery of Kanto Plain.
- As to jogging, I had been refraining long running since the conditions of my foot and waist were not so good.
However, I tried to run 20 km today.
- I left home at 7:45 AM. It was cloudy and cool. I ran alongside Kurome River and reached the Heirinji Temple. The forest of
Heirinji Temple was full of green.
- I ran back alongside Nobidome Irrigation.
- Since I managed to run 20 km, I will try to restore the running distance little by little from now on.
3)Sunday, April 24, 2005 Weather : Fine
- This weekend, I had a plan to enjoy relaxing to cure the weariness of Kasumigaura marathon race.
Therefore, I only jogged 10 km on Saturday.
- However, on Sunday, it was fine early in the morning.
It would be very good for outing according to weather forecast.
- Thus I could not stand and left home at 6:30 AM. The destination was Arakawa River.
- It was cool in the morning, but it was getting warmer and warmer.
- It was the season of dog-woods and double cherry blossoms.
- At the bank of Kurome River where I picked many horsetails a few weeks ago, green field horsetails grew like green carpet.
- There were many dandelion flowers at the bank of Arakawa River.
- The running distance of this morning was 37 km.
Carpet of horsetails
Double cherry blossoms
- Immediately after coming home, I went to Koganei Park to see double cherry blossoms by mini-cycle.
- On the way to the park, I dropped in the convenience store to buy canned beer and cup Japanese sake,
- The trees of double cherry blossoms were not so many as I expected, however, a lot of people were enjoying eating under the cherry trees.
Fortunately, no noisy drink parties were being held.
- I enjoyed drinking canned beer and Japanese sake under the double cherry blossom.
Then I took a nap under the tree for a while.
- It was a nice fine weather day!
Mini-cycle and cherry
One cup sake with cherry flowers
Double cherry blossoms
2)Saturday, April 9, 2005 Weather : Fine
Otaka no Michi (Otaka Road) & Cherry Blossom-viewing Run