July 2005 - September 2005
7)Sunday, September 25, 2005 Weather : Fine
- Yesterday, the weatherman said that it would rain in the afternoon and thus I got up at 4:00 AM to complete
40 km run in the morning.
- However, unfortunately, it started to rain around 5:00 AM since the typhoon was approaching.
The weather forecast was not reliable.
- I had to wait until the rain stopped. However, the rain did not stop although sometimes it stopped for a short time.
Consequently, I could not run at all.
- I finally went out to Japanese pub neat the Higashi-kurume station to join the "Higashi-kurume fathers' association" in the evening.
- This time, we did not run and had a drink party and a Karaoke party.
Eight members joined this time. The association is being developed!!
We trained "liver" and "throat" instead of "heart".
- Today it would also be rainy and thus I gave up running.
However, the rain stopped in the early morning although the strong wind was blowing.
- I did not run for two days and thus I went out to run.
I ran alongside Kurome and Karabori Rivers.
- There is a place where cluster-amaryllis glows in cluster alongside Yanase River.
I could see many beautiful red cluster-amaryllis.
The flowers will be in full bloom next week. It will look like red carpet.
- It was cool and nice for running. I ran 31 km.
6)Sunday, September 18, 2005 Weather : Fine
Jogging for 40 km
- It is getting cooler both in the morning and evening. The autumn is coming.
This summer was surely hot like the summer of last year.
- I again challenged to run 40 km this weekend.
- I left home past 5:00 AM. It was fine. It was cool in the early morning.
I started so early after a long interval.
- I could see beautiful rising sun around 5:40 AM. It was so impressive.
- I decided to run to the bank of Arakawa River and return alongside Kurome River.
- The temperature was rising after the sunrise.
- I managed to reach Arakawa River, then I ran on the bank of the river. It was cool
since the wind was blowing on the bank.
- A lot of yellow flowers of chrysanthemum family ( Helianthus strumosus) are in full blossom alongside the bank.
- The bank connecting Arakawa River and Kurome River are under construction. The display says it is impossible
to pass. However, I could pass somehow today, but I may have to find the detour next time.
- The weeds were dense in the road on the bank of Kurome River and it was not good for running.
- I found several cluster-amaryllis along side Kurome River in Niiza City.
I could see more flowers by the end of this month.
Arakawa River & Yellow flowers
Flowers of mum family
- Anyway I could complete running 40 km this weekend.
5)Saturday, September 10, 2005 Weather : Cloudy then sunny
Autumn is coming!
- It's already September! The marathon season is coming in Japan.
- I intend to join mainly the full marathon races this season.
- The first race of this season is Ohmachi Alps marathon race to be held on October 16.
Only one month later. I will join with my four running mates.
- Therefore, I decided to run 40 km today. The course is to go around the Tamako-Lake.
- I left home at 6:00 AM. It was cloudy, but not cool. The weatherman said the maximum temperature would be 30 degrees Centigrade.
It's not autumn, but summer!
- I started to sweat immediately after running.
- I was looking for the sign of autumn while running the Tamako-Lake cycling road.
However, all I could find were the sign of summer including the buzz of cicadas.
- I could not find cluster-amaryllis, one of famous autumn flowers in Japan.
- I entered Tamako-Lake Circular road from Sayama Park.
- The road is undulating beyond expectation. I always run flat course, thus I was getting exhausted.
- Soon I found many mushrooms or toadstools in the brush.
I have no knowledge about mushroom/toadstool and thus I couldn't identify them.
I think most of them are toadstool.
- Anyway, I finally found the sign of autumn. Autumn is surely coming!
- After 30km, the sun appeared and the temperature was rising.
- I managed to run 40 km today as planned. However, it was hot and hard to complete.
4)Saturday, August 6, 2005 Weather : Sunny
- Hotter weather continues this week.
Therefore, I got up at 4:00 AM and left home around 4:45 AM to avoid the hotness.
- However, contrary to my expectation, it was not cool outside and no wind was blowing.
When I looked at the thermometer, I found the temperature was already 30 degrees Centigrade!
- Anyway, I started to jog to Tamako-Lake after a long interval.
Within 30 minutes, I dripped with sweat.
- There were many walkers on the Tamako-Lake cycling road, however, I saw a few runners in the early morning.
- The flowers of crape myrtle are in full bloom now. It's a flower of summer, reminding the hotness.
- I could hear the buzzing of cicadas at the Sayama Park even in the early morning.
- The total running distance was 30 km. When I came back home, I was wet to the skin with sweat as if I took shower.
It was so hot!! The thermometer indicated 37 degrees Centigrade around 9:30 AM!!
3)Friday, July 29, 2005 Weather : Fine
Running northward on the bank of Arakawa River
- Summer holidays will finish after three days.
- I planned to run on the bank of Arakawa River northward from where Shingashi River merges
to Iruma-ohashi Bridge.
- I tried to get up at 4:00 AM, however, I couldn't. Actually I waked up at 5:00 AM.
I left home at 5:45 AM. It was sunny and hot even in the early morning.
- Flowers of evening prim-rose were beautiful.
I could see a lot of walkers alongside Ochiai/Kurome Rivers.
- It was so hot and my running pace was so slow.
- Finally I reached the bank of Arakawa River.
There were a few people. I continued to run silently under the hot weather condition.
- The golf courses spread out on the dry riverbed of Arakawa River.
A lot of golfers were playing golf even on the weekday under the shining sun.
- I still continued to run, but I could not see Iruma-ohhashi Bridge.
I started to wonder if I could reach the bridge.
- I was forced to drink water and sports-drink many times to avoid the heat exhaustion.
- Finally I reached the bridge. The distance was approx. 38 km.
I had a plan to run further alongside Iruma River to the Iruma Station of Seibu Line.
However, it took much time than I expected to reach the bridge. Moreover, it was too hot to run.
- I changed my mind and decided to run Route 51 to Honkawagoe Station of Seibu Shinjuku Line.
- However, the distance to Honkawagoe Station was more than I expected.
- I ran through Kawagoe downtown and arrived in Honkawagoe Station.
It was 11:20 AM. The running distance was approx. 45 km. I could not run any more.
- I took on the train from the station to Higashi-kurume.
I felt better when I took on the train owing to the air conditioning.
I finally came back home around 12:20. I took shower and drank canned beer.
- It was so hot. I should have left home earlier. I should challenge to run alongside Iruma River in autumn again.
2)Tuseday, July 25, 2005 Weather : Cloudy then occasionally sunny.
Kurashiki Bikan District (Tourist attraction area), Okayama Pref.
- I went back to Okayama, my home country, during summer holidays.
- It was rainy in the moring since the typhoon was approaching to Japan.
- Although the weather was not good, I started to jog from 9:00 AM.
- I aimed Kurashiki downtown.
- I ran alongside the Sanyo Shinkansen.
- I ran this course for the first time and found it was good for running since the sidewalk was properly prepared.
- It was cloudy at the initial stage, however, soon it was getting sunny and hotter.
- Finally I reached JR Kurashiki Station. The Bikan District was very close from the station.
- The running distance was 15 km. I was strolling around the Bikan District for a while.
Many tourists were there.
row of old houses
Entrance of Brewery
- I did not want to run back under the hot sun any more and thus I took on the train from Kurashiki to Niwase.
1)Saturday, July 10, 2005 Weather : Cloudy occasionally sunny
Spotbill Ducks & Arakawa River
- Yesterday, a Higashi-kurume Fathers Running Club was held after a long interval. We ran (20 km) and drank at Japanese Pub (for 2 hours) and sang songs at Karaoke Box
for 3 hours!! We could have a good time.
- Under the circumstances, I could not get up at 5:00 AM as usual this morning.
However, I started to run before 9:00 AM. Although it was cool on Saturday (The temperature was around 24 degrees Centigrade),
the weather man said it would be around 32 degrees Centigrade today.
- Anyway, I decided to run alongside Ochiai/Kurome Rivers to Arakawa River.
- I could see Spotbill duck with chicks in the Ochiai River. Seven chicks were so cute.
- It was so hot and humid and thus I had to be careful about heat injury while running.
I frequently drank water and sports drinks. I consumed more than 1,000 cc of sports drinks.
- I found the community of thistles in the lower part of Kurome River. They were so beautiful.
- Finally I reached the bank of Arakawa River. Since I did not want to come back the same route,
I ran on the bank of Arakawa River southward.
- I ran alongside Shirako River to Oizumi Central Park.
- The temperature seemed to be more than 30 degrees Centigrade and I felt exhausted.
- From the park, I had to stop running and walk several times on the way back to home.
My body was covered with salt.
- After taking shower, I could not help drinking a canned beer.
Spotbill duck with chicks
- Today's running distance : Approx. 40 km.