April 2006 - June 2006
8)Wednesday, June 21, 2006 Weather: C;oudy
Entry to the Tokyo Marathon Race in 2007
- The entry started from June 17, 2006 to the 2007 Tokyo Marathon Race to be held on February 18, 2007 for the first time.
- I tried to make an entry via Internet. However, somehow, I could not make it.
- Finally, I made an entry via post office by paying Yen 500 as an entry fee.
- I don't understand why the applicant has to pay Yen 500 although he is not yet decided as a runner.
- The prescribed number of runners for full marathon race is 25,000. I heard more than 7,000 runners applied on the first day.
I think the competition rate may exceed two times. I wonder if I can run the race.
- Moreover, if one is elected as a runner, he must pay Yen 10,000 as a running fee! It's extraordinary expensive!!
It's enough for me to join the race one time!!
- Anyway, the result will be found in early October!
7)Saturday, June 17, 2006 Weather: Cloudy
Running on the bank of Arakawa River
- Yesterday, it was rainy from the morning to the evening. At Tama District, the warning of heavy rains and local flooding had been issued in the morning.
- Fortunately, it was not rainy this morning. The weatherman said the rain would start from tonight.
- I must increase the monthly running distance while it is not rainy. Thus I decided to run to Arakawa River
after a long interval.
- I was late this morning and I left home at 7:15. The sky was still dull.
- I ran alongside Shirako River to the bank of Arakawa River via Ohizumi Central Park.
- Although it was cloudy, but hot and humid and thus I had to often take water.
- After running on the bank of Arakawa River for a while, I headed to the bank of Kurome River.
However, the bank at the mouth of Kurome River was still under construction and I had to detour.
- While running alongside Kurome River, the sky became brightening and a soft sunlight was coming.
The temperature was rising and got more humid.
- I saw a lot of anglers casting their lines. I wondered what kinds of fishes they were fishing.
- Owing to hot and humid weather, my running pace considerably slowed down after 30 km point.
- I took digital camera, but I did not come across good subjects today.
- I managed to get home. Today's running distance was 39 km. I was exhausted.
6)Sunday, June 11, 2006 Weather: Rainy
Kitayama Park of Higashi-murayama City
- I had a plan to run at least 20km so that I could fulfill my weekend norm of 50 km running distance.
However, when I waked up, I found it was rainy although the weatherman said it would cloudy. Moreover, it rained in buckets!!
- According to my running mate, the flowers of irises are now in full blossom at the Kitayama Park of Higasji-murayama City.
I also had a plan to see them.
- It seemed that the rain did not stop. However, since the rain was a little bit letting up, I went out into the rain.
The time was around 10:00 AM. It was very cool.
- While I was running in the rain, one gentleman told me "It is hard for you to run in the rain". He seemed to show compassion for me.
I was running just at my choice.
- It had been raining until I reach the park. I passed over some groups who were walking with umbrellas to the park from Higashi-murayama Station.
- Regardless the rainy weather, a lot of people was visiting the park to see the iris.
- I took pictures as lots of people did. The iris flowers wet by rain were elegant.
- As was to be expected, the person who came to see the flowers with running wear was only I!
- The ratio of opening of flowers was around 30%. The next weekend may be the best time for flower viewing.
- The distance from my house to the park is around 8 km. Thus I had to detour to come back to my home so that I could earn 20 km running distance today.
I had to run in the rain all the time today, but it was not hot and cold. I felt comfortable while running.
5)Saturday, June 10, 2006 Weather: Sunny
Sunny day during rainy season
- It was rainy almost all day yesterday. The weatherman said the rainy season in Kanto area just started yesterday.
- However, when I woke up around 5:00 AM this morning, the sun was shining. The sunny day after a long interval.
- I couldn't wait and left home around 6:00 AM for jogging. Lately the time of sunrise is around 4;30 AM. Thus the height of sun at 6:00 AM is high.
The sunbeam was dazzling. The temperature was rising.
- I decided go down alongside the Kurome River.
- It is a season that the spotbill duck with chicks can be seen. However, this morning, I did not come across them.
Last Sunday, I could see a mother spotbull duck with three chicks.
- I found a new public toilet was completed alongside the walkway of Kurome River near Asaka Station.
The only problem of the running course of Kurome River is there is enough toilets in the course.
However, it's good news for runners. I used it. It was clean and nice. I hope that the toilet will be kept clean.
- I decided to run 30 km today and thus I return from the 15 km point.
- The temperature continued to rise and it became humid. I sweated very much.
- I could see a lot of hydrangeas, the symbol of rainy season, in full blossom.
- As I mentioned above, I ran 30 km today.
4)Saturday, May 27, 2006 Weather: Rained on and off
Running in the rain
- The weather of this week had also not been good. The weather forecast of this weekend had been rainy.
Has the rainy season already come?
- I waked up at 3:00 AM owing to the sound of rain.
Anyway, I got up at 5:00 AM. The rain stopped at that time.
- However, unfortunately, the rain started again. It sprinkled and thus I decided to go.
- In case of downpour, I chose the course alongside Karabori/Yanase Rivers since I know the escape route to my home.
- I ran in the rain since I had run at Kasumigaura Marathon Race in April.
It was a little bit cold in April, but it is not cold now and thus running in the rain is not so bad.
- I could see a lot of flowers of spiderworts were full bloom everywhere.
I also found the flowers of various colors of roses.
- After all, it rained intermittently while running. After passing 20 km point, it heavily rained and thus I came home with soaked to the skin.
- Anyway, I could fulfill today's my running quota of 30 km. I would try to run 40 km again if it was not rainy.
3)Saturday, May 20, 2006 Weather: Cloudy then sunny
Greens of the forest of Tamako Lake
- It had been rainy this week like rainy season in June.
- The weatherman said on Friday that it would be rainy all day on Saturday.
- My total running distance in May is only 127 km now.
I have to run more this month.
- However, when I waked up this morning, I found it was not rainy.
- It seemed that the weather would be getting better.
- Therefore, I decided to run 40 km. The destination was Tamako Lake.
- I left home at 6:00 AM. It seemed that rain would start shortly. It was cool.
- I felt refreshed since the Tamako Lake Cycling Road was full of greens.
- When I reached Tamako Lake, the blue sky appeared. The temperature was rising.
- I met several runners while I was running around Tamako Lake although it was still between 7 and 8 o'clock.
- As I expected, the forest of Tamako Lake was full of greens.
I could hear cuckoo singing in the forest.
- I felt tired at the end of circular road. The running pace slowed down.
- I also felt hungry. I dropped in the convenience store in front of Musashiyamato Station to buy
two pieces of rice balls as I did last time. I felt refreshed again a little bit.
- After passing 30 km point, my running pace further slowed down.
- It became fine. The temperature was still rising and the humidity was high. It was so muggy. It was the worst condition for running.
- I managed to come home with sweated and tired. It was hard to run 42 km after a long interval.
Tamako Lake circular road
Forest of Tamako Lake
2)Sunday, April 23, 2006 Weather: Cloudy
double cherry blossoms in Koganei Park
- The weatherman said it would be rainy and cold just like last weekend.
- The rain would start at noon and thus I left home around 6:00 AM.
I headed for the Koganei Park since I thought double cherry blossoms were in full bloom.
As was forecasted, it would almost start to rain and I felt so cold.
- In the avenue, dogwood blossoms were also in full bloom.
- Double cherry blossoms in the Koganei Park were in full bloom as I expected. They were wonderful although the trees were not so many like cherry trees.
- The leaves of the trees in the Koganei Park started to come out and the park will be soon filled with greens.
The flowers of azaleas did not blossom out as yet.
- Today's running distance was 19 km.
double cherry blossoms
1)Saturday, April 8, 200 Weather: Cloudy
Running around the Tamako Lake
- I tried a long distance running for the Kasumigaura full marathon race to be held next weekend.
The course is to go around the Tamako Lake from my home.
- I left home around 6:00 AM. It was cloudy and chilly.
- The cherry blossoms were in full bloom last weekend and thus the flowers
of cherry trees alongside the Tamako Lake Cycling Road were almost gone.
- However, contrary to my expectation, I found that the cherry blossoms were still in full bloom when approaching the Tamako Lake.
Cherry blossom viewing can be made this weekend. The temperature around the Tamako Lake may be lower than that of downtown.
- I ran around the Tamako Lake after a long interval.
Trees started to come into bud. I could hear Japanese nightingale singing.
- I felt tired at the end of the Tamako Lake Circular Road.
I bought two rice balls at the convenience store in front of Musashiyamato Station to get energy.
- I could enjoy the cherry blossoms at the Sayama Park together with rape blossoms.
- Today's running distance was 43 km. As might be expected, I got tired.
Tamako Lake & Cherry blossoms.