October 2006 - December 2006
2)Saturday, November 18, 2006 Weather: Sunny then cloudy
Jogging in the very early morning
- I will join the Tsukuba Marathon Race (full) next week.
Thus I tried to run 40 km.
- The destination was the bank of Arakawa River.
I left home at 4:45 AM. It was still dark, fine and cold. I could see my breath.
- The old crescent moon was sickly shining at the lower eastern sky and the constellation Orion was in the
lower western sky.
- I ran alongside the Ochiai River. Since the sky was clear and dark, I could see the Septentrions in the eastern upper
part of the sky after a long interval. Thus I could find out the Pole Star.
However, the stars we can see in Tokyo are those of the second magnitude.
- I was watching the Septentrions while running. It was so cold that my body did not warm up although I continued to run.
- The western sky was getting lighter around 5:30 AM. I felt somewhat relieved.
- I realized that the human beings prefer lighter situation to darker one.
- I entered Wako City via Ohizumi Central Park and ran alongside the Shirako River to the bank of Arakawa River.
- I could see beautiful sunrise when approaching to the bank of Arakawa River.
Sunrise seen from the Bridge of Shingashigawa River
- The cold wind was blowing on the bank of Arakawa River.
I could not notice in the dark, but I found the frosty field after sunrise.
- When returning, I ran alongside Kurome River.
- Totally I ran 39 km for 4 hours. From now on, it may be hard to run in the early morning owing to coldness.
1)Saturday, October 28, 2006 Weather: Cloudy
- Our running group has planned "October Run" this year as usual.
- My target of this year is 200 km on a conservative estimate.
- As of yesterday, my total October running distance is 182 km.
- Somehow, this year, I don't feel like increasing the running distance brashly.
- Anyway, today, I decided to run as long as possible to increase the running distance. The destination is
- I left home at 5:00 AM. It was cloudy and dark. It was not so cold as I expected.
- It was so dark that I could meet only a few walkers while I was running alongside Ochiai River.
- It took almost two hours to reach the bank of Arakawa River.
I felt good to run on the bank of Arakawa River in the early morning since
the air was fresh and no one was there.
- I ran back alongside Kurome/Ochiai Rivers. I could see many "Solidago altissima", however, the yellow flowers have been already faded away, which were suitable for the object of digital camera shooting.
- It seems that I have not recovered from my fatigue of Ohmachi Marathon Race as yet and thus
I felt exhausted after 30 km distance. The running pace slowed down and I managed to come home anyway.
Today's running distance was 38 km. I was exhausted.
- Anyway, total running distance has reached 220 km!!