October 2007 - December 2007
3)Saturday, November 17, 2007 Weather: Cloudy
Tamako-Lake Circular Road
- I decided to run around the Tamako-Lake after a long interval.
- I left home at 6:00 AM. It was cloudy and cold. The western sky was getting brighter.
- While running, I noticed that the field was while. I found it was covered with frost!
It was surely cold!
- While running the Tamako-Lake Cycling Road, I found the leaves of cherry trees were starting to turn red. There were many fallen leaves on the road.
- When entering into the Tamako-lake Circular Road, I found that a lot of leaves were getting yellow and red
since the altitude is higher than that of downtown.
- It was so cold that my body did not warm up during the running.
- I found maple trees with red leaves near Tamako Shrine. The red leaves might be more colorful
if it was fine weather.
- The leaves of ginkgo trees also turned yellow.
- After passing 30 km point, I felt tired and running pace drastically slowed down. Anyway, I managed to complete 40 km distance
although it took more than 4 hours 30 minutes. I did not sweat at all.
2)Sunday, October 28, 2007 Weather: Fine
A clear blue sky after typhoon passage
- It was rainy all day yesterday owing to the approach of Typhoon No. 20.
The rain and wind became heavier in the afternoon.
I did not feel like running in such a bad weather. I stayed home after a long interval.
- To compensate the yesterday's loss, I left home 4:45 AM.
It was fine after typhoon had passed. It was still dark. The 17th moon was shining brightly high up in the western sky.
Since the air was clear, I could clearly see the Septentrions in the eastern sky.
- It was cold and I could see my breath. The temperature was around 10 degrees Centigrade?
- While running alongside Kurome River, the western sky was gradually getting brighter.
- I could see sunrise after passing Ohizumi Central Park
- I continued to run along side Shirako River until I reached the bank of Arakawa River.
When I climbed to the bank of Arakawa River, I was surprised to see clearly Mt. Fuji covered with snow over the fifth stage.
I saw Mt. Fuji from Arakawa River for the first time. I had never noticed.
Mt. Fuji from Arakawa River
- I ran back home through the downtown of Asaka City.
- It was a day for a review of the troops at Asaka Base of Self-Defense Forces.
There were many riot policemen in the city. They were taking elaborate security precautions.
The vehicle of right-wing campaigners sounding martial song passed me. I wondered if they would join the review of the troops.
- The invited guests were entering into the base in a stream.
The entrance card had to be indicated at the entrance to enter the base.
I wonder how the entrance card could be obtained.
I wish I could see the review of the troops.
- When I was arriving in my house, the temperature rose and I sweated.
- I ran 39.5 km today.
- Total running distance in October is 205.5 km.
1)Saturday, October 20, 2007 Weather: Fine
- At Friday night, it rained hard after along interval, but it stopped early in the morning.
- I left home at 5:00 AM. The destination was Tamagawa River.
- It was still dark at 5:00 AM.
- The morning star was glowing high up in the eastern sky and the constellation Orion and Sirius were glowing in
the southern sky.
- It was chilly in the early morning, but I felt refreshed.
- It was getting brighter when I reached Koganei Park. A few people were picking up the ginkgo nuts under the ginkgo trees.
- The sun rose around 6:00 AM.
- While I was running alongside Nogawa River, I saw a lot of cosmos flowers blooming very close to Musashino Park.
- I finally arrived in the bank of Tamagawa River. I didn't see many runners. I saw a lot of cyclists on the bank.
I wished I could cycle since they were cycling exhilaratingly.
- When I was approaching the Koremasa Bridge, suddenly Mt. Fuji covered with snow appeared.
I raised my voice despite myself. It is good to see Mt. Fuji any time.
- I took a shot, but the foto was no good owing to mist.
Mt. Fuji covered with snow on top
- It was brisk in the first half, but I sweated in the last half since it was getting warmer.
- The total running distance of today was 40 km.