January 2009 - June 2009
5)Sunday, June 7, 2009 Weather: Sunny
- Yesterday, I went to see orthopedist after a long interval.
- Since the pain of my right leg was relieved, I expected the permission of running
from the doctor.
- As a result of X-ray examination, the doctor said it seemed to be O.K.
- However, as to the resumption of running,
contrary to my expectation, he said "Just start from 2-3 km walking!"
He was overly cautious.
- I, inadvertently, shouted, "It's not physical exercise! Why not 10 km-walking!"
It's my real mind-set. I was itching for running.
- The doctor was considering for a while and reluctantly said, "You can walk 10 km."
- Therefore, I started to walk before 6:00 AM after a long interval.
- Although previous day was rainy, it was fine on Sunday and the temperature was high.
- I walked alongside Ochiai and Kurome Rivers.
- I saw two groups of spotbill ducks with chicks.
One group was with 6 chicks and the other was with 10 chicks! So cute!
- I shot flowers with digital camera. The flowers of hydrangea were almost full bloom.
- The walking pace were gradually speeding up. I continued to walk as fast as possible.
I then started to sweat since the temperature was high.
- Anyway, I finish 10 km walking within 1 hour 30 minutes.
I did not feel pain in my right leg.
- I will try to increase the walking distance little by little and start to run early next month.
6)Sunday, May 31, 2009 Weather: Cloudy
Cycling on the Tama-River cycling road
- One and half months have passed since I stopped running.
- I am worried about blood-sugar level since I did not perform exercise for a while.
- The weather like rainy season had continued, but this morning, the rain stopped.
- I cannot run, but I decided to go cycling with granny's bicycle to overcome my physical laziness.
- My granny's bicycle has 6 speeds.
- I left home around 7:00 AM. The destination was Tama-River cycling road.
- I cycled to the cycling road via Koganei Highroad and Nogawa cycling road.
- Finally I cycled with high speed on the Tama-River cycling road. It was so comfortable.
I was passed by many cycle cars on the road.
- Cycling is comfortable, however, I wondered what would happen if the cyclist topple over
with high speed.
- When returning, I cycled near Tokyo Race Track. It was a day of Japan Derby.
A lot of horse-racing fans were coming. The train of Keio Line bound for Race Track was so crowded.
Parking areas around the Race Track were occupied although the paring fee was twice compared with that of ordinary race day.
(i.e. Yen 2,000) How grabby the human-being is!
- I cycled 40 km. It would take more than 4 hours in case of running.
It took 2 hours and 45 minutes by cycling.
5)Sunday, April 26, 2009 Weather: Sunny
Fatigue fracture of right leg
- I completed Saiko-Lake full marathon race on Aprol 11, 2009. On Aprril 19, 2009, I again completed Kasumigaura full marathon race.
It was so hard for me to finish Kasumigaura marathon race just after one week from Saiko-lake marathon race.
But I went to work to the company on Monday after he race as usual.
Nothing was wrong with my body for a couple of days.
- However, on Wednesday, I started to have a pain in the sole of my right leg.
The pain increased little by little. Soon I was forced to walk with a limp.
- Therefore, I decided to go to see the orthopaedist on Saturday to have an X-ray.
- As a result, the doctor said that the fatigue fracture of toe bone might be considered.
I was told to refrain from running for a while. The doctor gave me both antiinflammatory analgesic plaster and supporter.
- It might take almost 3 months for recovery. To my regret, I will not be able to join the
50 km race to be held on May 10, 2009.
- Anyway, I wondered why I was good for a couple of days just after the race.
- Therefore, I was thinking that two consecutive full marathon races had not caused the pain.
- To tell the truth, every morning, I dash from the terminal of Seibu Ikebukuro Line to the terminal of JR Line at
Ikebukuro Station for 3 minutes so that I can catch up with the train of JR Shonan Shinjuku Line. The train of
Seibu Line reaches Ikebukuro terminal at 6:30 AM and the JR train leaves the station at 6:34 AM.
Only 4-minute connecting time!
- I assume that the dash of every morning with business shoes in addition of two-week consecutive full marathon race had caused the fatigue fracture of toe bone.
Anyway, I have no choice but to stay home for a while on holiday.
4)Saturday, March 21, 2009 Weather: Fine
Blossoming of cherry flowers
- The weather suggestive of spring just started this week.
- A lot of spring flowers started to blossom out owing to warm weather.
- However, yesterday, we had heavy spring storm. Strong wind and heavy rain!
But I ran 20 km in the rain and wind. It was not cold.
- Today, it is fine in reversal. I tried to run 30 km.
I ran alongside Kurome River to Arakawa River.
- I could enjoy seeing many spring flowers and I shot them with digital camera.
- During this three consecutive holidays, it is expected the blossoming of cherry flowers in Tokyo.
- While running, I checked the blossoming of cherry flowers, however, I could not find out the
blossoming of Somei-yoshino cherry flowers.
- I found horsetails at the bank of Kurome River.
- I found blossing of cherry flowers (Not Somei-yoshino cherry flowers).
- When I came home, the temperature rose and it's warmer.
Somei-yoshino (March 22)
- TV news at noon reported that the cherry flowers just blossomed out at the metropolitan area.
- On Sunday, I found Somei-yoshino cherry flowers just blossomed out at Hakusan Park of Higashi-kurume.
Spring has come to Higashi-kurume!
3)Saturday, February 7, 2009 Weather: Cloudy then sunny
40 km Jogging & 2009 Sakura Marathon Race
- I could only run 20 km last week. Thus I challenged 40 km jogging after a long interval.
I headed to the bank of Arakawa River.
- I left home at 6:30 AM. It was cloudy and not so cold.
I carried back-pack for running with new digital compact camera.
- I found a large heron at the merging section of Ochiai & Kurome Rivers.
I took it with new digital camera. I saw several large herons today.
- I saw red flowers of Ume trees in the Ohizumi Central Park.
There were three Une trees there. I felt spring around there.
- After running on the bank of Arakawa River, I passed the grove of white Ume trees.
I saw flowers started to blossom out.
- After passing 30 km, I felt much tired. The running pace slowed down.
The less training of last week effected. I thought I should have enough training every week.
Anyway, I managed to complete 40 km jogging.
Red Ume flower
White Ume flower
- Well, I had a plan to join Sakura Marathon Race in March as usual. However, to my regret, I found that
the entries already reach the fixed number by the end of January although the time limit of entry was February 6, 2009.
It's unbelievable! It seems that the Tokyo Marathon Race has repercussions for Sakura Marathon Race.
I also heard that Arakawa Marathon Race reached the fixed number at the initial stage of entry.
- I welcome the latest marathon boom. However, owing to marathon boom, I could not join full marathon races in March.
I have to plan another races.
- I came across several female runners today. I have never had such experiences.
I could understand that the marathon has started a boom among females.
2)Sunday, February 1, 2009 Weather: Fine
- It was non-seasonal weather on Saturday. Strong wind and heavy rain!
Wind and rain stopped in the evening, however, I was reluctant to run.
- On Sunday, it was fine in contrast to Saturady weather.
Thus I started to jog in the early morning.
- The air was clear and I first went to "Mt. Fuji View Terrace" of Higashi-kurume Station to see Mt. Fuji.
- As expected, I could see wonderful Mt. Fuji far away. I shoot it with newly purchased digital camera.
- Although it was fine, the strong wind was blowing. Anyway, Iran 20 km.
- In the afternoon, I went to Koshigaya City to attend the 50th anniversary event of Wandervogel Club which I belonged during university student.
The train of JR Musashino Line got late since it inched along owing to strong wind.
- I enjoyed communicating with OB's after a long interval. I love old friends.
- The event warmed up and I got home late at night.
1)Saturday, January 3, 2009 Weather: Fine
New year's visit to shrines by jogging
- I spent in Okayama during the year-end and New Year holidays as usual.
- I attended the class reunion of university on December 29, 2008 in Osaka
for the first time. Out of 60 alumni, 17 members attended. It's a reunion after an interval of 34 years!!
We talked about old times each other.
- On New Year's Day, I visited Inari shrine by jogging. The running distance was 22 km.
- I returned home yeaterday. Today, I left home at 7:30 AM. It was fine and cold.
- First, I visited Hikawa shrine. Then I headed to Jindaji Temple.
- I jogged alongside Koganei Highroad and Nogawa River.
- A decent lady said to me "Good Morning" when passing. I wondered if she was impressed that I was running
in the cold morning of New Year's Day.
- I saw lots of ducks on the Nogawa Rivber.
- I arrived in Jindaiji Temple around 10:00 AM. The running distance was over 20 km.
- The number of worshippers was not so many as I expected since it was still early for shrine visit.
- After worship, I was running back to the home. The wind was head wind and still cold.
- When coming back, it was almost noon. The running distance was 37 km. It was so cold and I did not sweat at all.