January 2010 to December 2010
4)Sunday, October 3, 2010 Weather: Sunny
- I had been busy at the office and owing to my several reasons;
I could not afford to update the JOGGING/WALKING diary.
Therefore, the season of the subject jumped from spring to autumn!
- Anyway, we were hit by a heat wave this summer.
The worst summer for runners! To make the matter worse, the heat wave continued to the mid-September.
- Autumn has come late in September this year.
- Owing to extraordinary weather, the flowers of cluster-amaryllis are just in full bloom, which are usually
blossom out in mid-September. I could see a lot of red flowers today during running.
Is this due to global warming or abnormal climate?
The cluster-amaryllis must have been frightened at the heat wave of this summer.
- I ran along side Kurome River and Ochiai River from 6:30 AM.
It was sunny and already a little bit hot. Although I ran a short distance this morning, I seated.
- Of course, I could see the flowers of cosmos, which are symbol of autumn.
- The running distance of today was 13 km. By the way, I ran around the Tamako Lake after a long interval (The distance: 40 km)
3)Sunday, April 4, 2010 Weather: Cloudy
Cherry Bloosom, Cherry Blossom, Cherry Blossom
- On Friday night, our running group had a cherry-blossom viewing at Ueno Park.
It was cold, however, the cherry blossom was in full bloom. We had a good time.
A lot of people gathered there for drink party under the cherry trees. It was impressed that more young people were there than expected.
- The weatherman said it would be sunny on Sunday and thus I had a plan to run around the cherry-blossom viewing sites.
- However, unfortunately, it was cloudy and much colder than expected.
- Anyway, I started to run before 8:00 AM.
- First I visited nearby Hakusan Park. Several blue seats were spread under the cherry tree for drink party.
Of course, no one was there as yet since it was still early in the morning.
- Then I headed Tamako Lake Cycling Road through Takiyama Apartment Complex where row of cherry blossom trees existed.
- I ran into the road alongside Karabori River from Tamako Lake Cycling Road, where row of cherry blossom trees also existed.
On the way, I dropped in the wooded area, where the flowers of dogtooth violet were visible.
I could not see the flowers 2 weeks ago, however, today I could see many flowers. I took several photos of flowers.
- Finally I arrived in large row of cherry blossom trees alongside Yanase River.
It was marvelous cherry blossom scenery. Regardless of cold weather, a lot of people were gathering there.
The drink parties already started here and there.
- I fully enjoyed viewing cherry blossoms. I came home at 11:30 AM. It was really a cold day.
Takiyama Apartment Block
Tamako Lake Cycling Road
Tunnel of Cherry Blossom
- The running distance was 32 km. It was hard to complete the running owing to fatigue of
Sakura Marathon Race.
2)Saturday, March 13, 2010 Weather: Sunny
Spring is coming
- We had several snowy days this winter. We had snow even in March.
- I could feel the spring sun after an long interval. It was expected that the temperature might rise to 20 degrees Centigrade.
- It was late to start to run and I left home around 9:00 AM.
I tried to run to Arakawa River.
- It was already warm and strong southern wind was blowing.
- Spring flowers started to blossom out here and there.
They were good objects for shooting photos.
- Owing to sudden temperature rise, the flowers of cucumber trees
blossomed out in an instant.
- At the same time, a large amount of pollen seemed to fly and thus
I couldn't stop sneezing while running. I had running nose.
- Strong wind was blowing on the bank of Arakawa River.
- My running pace slowed down after 30 km point. I was almost walking at the end of running.
- Anyway, I managed to come home. The running distance was 41 km.
1)Sunday, January 10, 2010 Weather: Fine
- I spend the year-end and New Year holidays in Okayama.
Okayama was colder than Tokyo with raging cold winter gale.
- Under severe winter wind, I made year's first visit to the shrines
on January 1 and 2, 2010 by jogging as usual. I ran 33 km in total.
- The total running distance as of January 9, 2010 was 89 km.
Today, my destination was Tama River.
- I left home at 7:30 AM. In the morning, it was fine and cold. While running, my hands with globes were getting
paralyzed with cold.
- I arrived in the bank of Tama River via Shin-koganei Highroad.
I could see Mt. Fuji at the foot of Koremasa Bridge.
Mt. Fuji was a little bit hazed. Anyway, I shooted Mt. Fuji with digital camera.
Then I tried to shoot when the train of JR Nambu Line was running on the iron bridge.
When the train appeared, the old lady suddenly talked to me. She said Mt. Fuji was more clearly seen
yesterday. She also asked if I shooted Mt. Fuji every year.
Anyway, I could not tell her that I missed a perfect moment for a good shot.
- A lot of runners were running on the bank of Tata River under fine and breeze
- When returning home, the cold north wind started to blow.
I retuned home via Musashisakai and Tanashi.
Mt. Fuji & JR Train
Trees & Tama River
- Today's running distance was 42 km.