October 1999 - December 1999
６）December 4, 1999 Jogging alongside Kurome River in the early morning (Cloudy)
- Lately, I always get up early in the morning.
- This morning, I got up at 4:30 AM. Next day, I would have a race (Tokorozawa Marathon)and I
would run 5km. However, I eventually ran 16km from 5:00 AM.
- It was the coldest morning! The temperature was only 1 degree!
- I started with thick wears. It was cloudy. However, I could see the Morning Star and the moon approached
very much in the east sky among the clouds. It was marvelous!
- It was so cold that a few people walked in the darkness.
- However, around 6:00 AM, I saw a lot of people walking.
- I met an old lady who wore a red blinking lamp on the breast.
It must be safe in the darkness.
- Winter birds were gathering in the Kurome River. The birdwatching season
- It took 1 hours and 30 minutes since I ran slowly. However, I did not sweat due to
coldness. I did not feel tired. I would try to do my best next day.
５）November 27, 1999 Jogging from Higashi-kurume to Yurakucho (Cloudy then Sunny)
４）October 30, 1999 Jogging to Arakawa River (Wako-city)
- This is the last weekend for October Runnning Period. So far, I ran 183km.
- I did not drink sake during the working day of this week. (Believe me!) and thus I felt very good. I decided to run to Arakawa River from my house as planned before.
- I left home at 5:00 AM. It was very dark outside. It was very fine weather. I could see the morning star in the east sky and the Orion and Sirius in the south sky. I saw such a wonderful night sky after a long time.
- First, I ran to the Wako Forest Park. To my surprise, several other people also were walking and running in the darkness. I exchanged moring greetings with a few people.
- I had never run beyond the Wako Forest Park. Therefore, I had to run with map. On the way to the Arakawa River, I ran through the broad sidewalk with a row of ginkgoes. I could see the rising sun past 6:00 AM.
Rising sun (It's very difficult to take photo.)
A row of ginkgoes
- Then, I continued to run alongside the Sirako River which flows the boundary between Wako City and Itabashi-Ku (Tokyo) toward the north.
- Finally I arrived the bank of Arakawa River. My digital watch showed the distance as almost 18km. The distance from my house to the Arakawa River is longer than I expected. I thought the distance might be around 15km.
- I took a rest for a while beside the Arakawa River. To my regret, the water was muddy and the trashes were floating owing to the heavy rain of the other day.
A dam of Arakawa River
- River beach of the Arakawa River is broad where ball parks are established. However, a car is dumped and trashes are scattered. Who did such a foolish thing!
- After a while, I started to run to my home. However, I felt a little bit reluctant since I had to run 18km again. (I thought the total distance was 30km.)
- During the return, I did not need a map and I continued to run. I met a lot of junior high school students on the course who disturbed my runnning.
- At the end of the course, I felt tired, however, I managed to come back to my home owing to good weather. The total distance was 35km. I may not run the same course for the time being since the distance is so far.
- As of October 30, 1999, the total running distance is 218km. This is my longest distance as my monthly total runnning distance. I have to add tommorow's running distance as grand total distance. I look foward to seeing the grand total distance. (Note: total grand distance is 228km!)
３）October 23, 1999 Joggig in the Manazuru Peninsula
- I jogged in the Manazuru Peninsula with my running mates at a training camp.
- I drank in the train with my mates on my way to the Manazuru and I was a little bit drunken when jogging.
- However, I usually do not have a chance to run alongside seashore. Thus I felt good. But I don't like narrow road and heavy traffic.
- Fortunately, we had fine weather on both Saturady and Sundy. I could catch up with other running mates. However, I couldn't run as fast as other running mates.
View from Lodging
View at the top of Manazuru Peninsula
- I ran a lot and drank too much as usual!
２）October 16, 1999 Jogging alongside Kurome River to Oizumi Central Park
- Last night, I drank too much with running mates after jogging around the Imperial Palace. I still felt drunken in the morning.
- My wife told me not to jog since it was not good for health. However, I ignored her advice and started to jog around 10:30 AM. (Note: You should obey your wife's advice. Also don't jog when you are hangover.）
- Anyway, I ran only 5km last night and thus I tried to run 20km.
- I carried a digital camera to take pictures if I met nice objects. It is very convenient to take pictures with digital camera since the picture can be seen immediately after shooting. I will take it as much as possible when jogging. I will also take pictures of wild grass for my new webpage which Mr. Nakatani suggested.
- The cosmoses are now in full bloom alongside Kurome River. I like pink flowers, but white flowers are also elegant.
- Summer-like weather continued this year and thus morning-glories are also in bloom. I took pictures in spite of myself.
- Althogh I felt a little bit bad, I managed to run 20km.
１）Octobe 9, 1999 Jogging to Tama River (Fuchu city)
- October is a month for running under the auspices of RUNNER'S MAGAZINE. I registered this event with running mates. I set the monthly total running distance as 200km.
- In order to run more distance, I decided to run to Tama River (one way---15km). I once run to there.
- I started at 5:30AM. I carried daypack with map, food, water and digital camera. It was cloudy and cool. I run the sidewalk of Koganei Road to the New Koganei Road. (The distance is approx. 10km.)The sidewalk widened at the New Koganei Road and thus it became easier to run. At the end of the New Koganei Road, the road turned and twisted. I almost got lost. However, I finally reached the bank of Tama River (Koremasa Bridge) at 7:00AM. I could see the train of the Nambu Line longingly since I used to get on that line.
The train of Nambu Line.
Tama River reflecting the rising sun.
- I rested at the riverside for a while and ate some food for return. I run the road alongside the wall of Fuchu Race Track. How big the Fuchu Race Track is! (I would like to say that I have never entered there!) I run back New Koganei Road to the end. It was easy to run. However, a lot of cars were running after 7:00AM and thus I was annoyed by the gas exhusted by them.
Side walk of New Koganei Road
- I challenged 30km course after a long time. Therefore, I was exhausted by the end of the course. However, I managed to reach my home. The total distance was 31.8km. (3hrs 8min.)
- By the way, judging from the map, the distance from Higasikurume to both Tama River and Arakawa River is almost the same. I am thinking to run to Arakawa River in the near future. However, I felt that it is not good to run the sidewalk where a lot of cars always run.