The 9th Ogawa-machi Marathon Race
Date: Sunday December 9, 2001 Weather: Fine
Location: Ogawa-machi, Saitama Pref. (15 minutes by bus from Ogawa-machi Station of Tojo Line)
Details of Race: Refer to the 8th Ogawa-machi Marathon Race.
Runners at goal
Record & Impression
- I left home before 7:00 AM. It was fine and very cold. The ground was covered with frost and white!
- I arrived in Ogawa-machi Station at 8:45 AM. Many runners made lines for free shuttle bus.
- This year, the number of shuttle bus was not so many and thus many runners started to walk
who did not want to wait for long time. Of course, I waited.
- Finally I arrived in the site after 9:00 AM. When I handed the entry card at the reception,
the receptionist shouted "Lucky Prize!" I did not understand what she said.
When I went to the prize exchange booth, I found that I won 1000 sheets of Orizuru (Folded paper crane) Color Papers.
Really I was lucky at the last marathon race in 2001. I joined this race many times, but I did not know
the existance of lucky prize so far.
- While waiting for start, I happened to meet Mr. F from Higashi-kurume city there!
- It was fine, however, strong north wind was blowing and it was cold.
Thus I decided to wear long T-shirt and long pants.
- Last two years, the race was not half, but 20 km. This year, the race became half again. It's a very good news for runners.
- The half marathon race started at 10:20 AM. I almost forgot the details of first half course of the race
after a long interval.
- I slightly remembered that there was gradual upward slope. Actually, there were several up-and-downs!
Besides, since a strong head wind was blowing, it was hard to run than expected.
- The split time of 5 km was 24 minutes. That of 10 km was 50 minutes. The pace was faster than usual for me.
- 1 hour and 15 minutes passed at 15 km point. I was competing with older man and young gal to the goal.
- I rushed to the goal from the last 2 km point. The split time at 20 km was 1 hour 40 minutes.
I finally passed the young gal!
- My goal time was 1 hour 44 minutes 29 secnds, which is my best record for half marathon race so far.
It was hard for me to complete!
- After the race, I visited my old friend's house. We enjoyed drinking/chattering as usual.
- This time I ran faster than usual and thus I felt muscular pain next day!
- I happily completed all marathon races in 2001. I will try my best in 2002!