The 8th Teganuma Marathon Race.
Date : Sunday October 27, 2002 Weather : Fine
Location : Kashiwa City Country Park, Kashiwa City, Chiba Pref.
Details of Race :Refer to the 7th Teganuma Marathon Race.
Impression & Record
- I left home at 7:00 AM. The rain started at Saturday night stopped and it was fine.
- I joined with my running mates, Messers F and S, at Hibarigaoka Station, next to Higashi-kurume Station.
While chattering about marathon in the train, we arrived in Ikebukuro.
- We changed the train at Nippori Station to Joban Line. We reached Kashiwa Station
at 8:40 AM and walked to Kashiwa City Country Park. We also met other mates there.
- It was announced that almost 8,000 runners joined this year! So many runners! The park was full of
- The running course was changed this year. Ruuners would run around the Teganuma Lake
via central bridge.
- However, the runners had to line up on the narrow road as usual when starting.
- This year, runners had to line up in accordance with runner's number designated by the sponsor
. The number seemed to be determined based upon runner's self-stated time.
- I reported the running time as 1 hour 50 minutes. My number was 3,000s. However, somehow, the position was almost the last part of
the line. I could not see the starting line.
- The race started at 10:00 AM, which I could know by the sound of fire work.
- It was cloudy and cool when I arrived, but it became clear, fine and hot when started.
- All runners around me were forced to walk until we reached to the start line.
It took 5 minutes 16 seconds to pass the start line. Too much loss time!
- After running approx. 3 km, the course narrowed again. Thus it was hard to run smoothly.
It was also dangerous.
- At 5 km point, the runners had to pass the bridge to cross Teganuma Lake. However, the course was not a road but a narrow walkway!
- It took 32 minutes to pass 5 km point. The time at 10 km was 59 minutes. Very slow pace!
- There were four water supply points. However, when I arrived in the second point,
the water was almost running out! Many runners were trying to rob cups as if it were the food aid station at
refugee camp. I gave up to drink water. How come the water was running out so quickly?
- I passed 15 km point after 1 hour 26 minutes.
- To recover the loss time, I tried to speed up after 15 km.
- During the last 3 km, I ran as fast as possible.
Finally, I could catch up with tall Mr. S and passed him.
- I continued to run faster to the goal. Fortunately, I did not feel hardness/tiredness since I had to run
with slow pace in the early half stage.
- However, to my reget, the goal time was 1 hour 59 minutes (Gross),
which is the worst record in recent three years (I guess).
- Anyway, after the race, we had a BIG drink party in the park with canned beer and packed Japanese sake
under the sunny weather.
- More than 20 members joined the party this time. We drank and talked very much.
- The party continued almost 3 hours and when finished, no one was there
- Then, we had the second party at Chinese restaurant near Kashiwa Station.
- Unfortunately, I missed Mr. S at Kashiwa Station and came back home alone at 19:00.
- As I already wrote, a lot of young gals join this race. You will be happy to see
young gals while running!
- Too much runners this time. I am of opinion that the number of runners to be
limited less than 5,000 next time. (But no limit for young gals!)