The 16th Narita POP Run Race
Date : Monday November 4, 2002 Weather : Fine
Location : Narita City, Chiba Prefecture
Details of RaceRefer to the 14th Narita POP Run Race
Record & Impression
- Sunday November 3, 2002
- On Saturday night, I had a drink party of "Higashi-kurume Father's Club"
with other 3 members at Japanese restaurant near Higashi-kurume station.
There was a "tatami" room there and we relaxed, chatted and drank a lot of
delicious hot Japanese sake named "Midorikawa, Green River" brewed at Niigata Pref.
- Consequently I was hangover next day and I only just got up at 5:00 AM
and I left home at 6:00 AM. It was fine and cold.
- I took on the Keisei Limited Express from Nippori station and arrived in Keisei-Narita past 8:00 AM.
I was still hangover.
- I finally reached the Narita Field where the race would be held. However.....
- What...! No one was there although a lot of flags of "Narita POP Run" were waving.
At the moment, I could not understand what was going on! I thought I was dreaming.
- Then, I came to myself and looked into the post card. Alas...! I realized that the
race would be held next day!
- I had thought that the marathon race would be held on Sunday even if the Monday
was holiday. Therefore, I did not check the date informed by the post card.
- No way! I then decided to visit Narita-san Temple since I had never visted there
although I visited Narita city several times.
When coming back, I bought a Yokan, sweet bean cake, as souvenior.
All my family members were amazed to hear my story.
- Monday November 4, 2002
- I once again visited Narita City on the same schedule/course as those of previous day.
- I could see a lot of runners were walking toward the field in this morning.
- As I did last year, I joined 10 km race. Almost 600 runners participated.
- It was fine. The wind was a little bit cold, but the temperature rose up to 20 degrees Centigrade at 10:15 AM when started.
- Every runner rushed to start and I could not catch up with the top group.
- I could not run so fast during the initial 5 km. The passing time was 25 minutes 25 seconds.
- However, gradually I speeded up after 5 km point. I could run up the slope without problem, where I felt hardness last year.
I could pass other runners one by one while running the slope.
- The goal time was 49 minutes 05 seconds. I could run within 50 minutes after a long interval.
- I felt that the race had finished in a moment and I didn't felt tired at all.
- While waiting for my running mate who particiapted half marathon race, I drank a canned beer, but it was not cold and was not delicious.
- After the race, we went to eel restaurant as usual to have a drink party,
where a lot of my other friends gather every year.
- To my regret, however, this year, the leader didn't join the race and thus the number of participannts was small and the party was not so lively.
- Therefore, I and Mr. N went to another restaurant to drink/chat again.
- Too much drink! I almost passed Tokyo station since I had been sleeping in the train. Anyway, I came home around 18:00 safely.