Tegamun Eco Marathon Race (The 9 th)
Date : Sunday October 26, 2003 Weather : Fine
Location : Kashiwa City, Chiba Pref.
Details of the raceRefer to the 7 the Teganuma Eco Marathon Race
Course Map & T-shirt
Record & Impression
- The typhoon was said to approach Japan on the week end. However, fortunately, it was gone away. Thus it was fine on Sunday morning.
- I met with my running mate, Mr. F, at Higashi-kurume Station at 7:30 AM. We arrived in Kashiwa Station of
Joban Line via Nippori Station around 8:40 AM. This year, somehow, we did not see many runners in the train.
- It took 20 minutes on foot to reach the park where the marathon race to be held.
Other running mates should have arrived there in advance and they occupied the site for our group.
However, it was so crowded and thus it was hard to find them.
- Finally we found them. I finished the registration and changed the wears.
- More than 8,000 runners joined the race. The same number as that of last year.
- My entry number was around 3,500. The runners was positioned according to the entry number at the starting line. (The smaller the number, the forwarder the position.)
Thus I could position in the front portion of the line this year.
- The race started at 10:00 AM. It was fine and a little bit hot. The line was so crowded that no one around me could not move for a while even after the starting time.
Anyway, it took 3.5 minutes for me to pass the starting line. (3.5 minutes loss time!)
- However, after passing the starting line, I could comparatively run smooth this year
except when crossing the central bridge of Teganuma.
- The passing time at 5 km was 30 minutes.
- The temperature was expected to be 20 degrees Centigrade. However, I did not feel so hot owing to wind.
- The time at 10 km was 55 minutes. I could recover a little bit.
- This year, enough water and sports-drink were provided at every water supply point.
- Runners had to cross the central bridge of Teganuma twice. The course was narrow and crowded with runners.
When I was crossing the bridge second time, one old runner suddenly
passed us. At that time, his body touched me and thus I was tottering and
almost falling down. Very dangerous! Don't pass when the course is crowded!!
- This time, the course was almost flat and thus I could continue to run cooly.
- I speeded up a little bit during the last 3 km and the goal time was
1 hour 54 minutes. Not so bad for me taking 3.5 minutes loss time into consideration.
- As usual, we had a big after-the-race party in the park with canned beer,
- The second party was held at the Ramen shop near Kashiwa Station.
I drank hot Japanese Sake so much.
- We departed at Kashiwa Station. I was drunken, but it seemed that I could safely take on the train of Seibu Line at Ikebukuro Station.
However, I fell into sleep in the train. I was awaken by a station staff at the terminal of
Tokorozawa Station. (Three stations further from Higashi-kurume)
- It was lucky that the terminal was Tokorozawa. It might be unlucky if the terminal was Hannow Station
since it took much time to come back. Anyhow, I could get home around 6:00 PM.
- Fortunately, I did not feel muscular pain next day this time since I ran at my own pace.
Or because I trained as much as possible during October as October Run Period.
- I did not feel exhausted after running, but I felt tired after drinking.