Tachikawa Marathon Race (The 24th)
Date : Sunday, March 13, 2005 Weather : Fine
Location : Tachikawa City, Tokyo
Details of RaceRefer to the 20th Tachikawa Marathon Race.
Records & Impression
- It became cold in the afternoon on Saturday and it was sunny and freezing in the morning on Sunday.
- I left home around 7:00 AM. The cold north wind was blowing.
- It was still cold while walking to the Showa Memorial Park from Tachikawa Station.
- The entrance area of the park was under construction.
- On Saturday, I got an E-mail from Mr. M who lives in Tachikawa area. He wanted to run with me. After exchanging the mails,
I found he would also join the Tachikawa marathon.
We agreed to meet at the reception at 8:30.
- I arrived in the reception past 8:30. After the registration, I looked for Mr. M.
I found him standing nearby. We said "Hello" and chatted for a while. He was a handsome, nice-looking guy.
- The start time of half marathon race was 9:15. We walked to the starting point following other runners.
Soon I found that the starting point was completely different from the place it had been.
- The starting line was set in the middle of the runway of Self-defense Force of Japan.
- A lot of runners were already standing at the starting point.
Runners were positioned according to their ages and runners of more than fifties were the positioned at the tail
of the procession
- Shortly after I was on the start line, the gun signaled the start.
All runners rushed to start. I found only several runners were running behind me!
- I could catch up with the front runners little by little.
We had to run the runway twice (Total 5km), then we went out to the downtown.
- The course of the downtown was almost the same as usual. The passing time at 10 km was 52 minutes.
- After passing 14 km, the runners went into the park. I felt the distance in the park was far as I expected.
- The goal time was 1 hour 54 minutes.
- I and Mr. M cheered with canned beer until my running mate came back from the 10-km race.
- We went back to Tachikawa Station and looked for Japanese pub. We found it just in front of the JRA building and went into to have a drink party.
We drank hot Japanese sake, etc. to warm up and chatted.
- I promised Mr. M to meet again at Sakura marathon race and departed.
- I got home around 2:30 PM with drunk.