Sakura Marathon Race (The 24th)
Date : Sunday, March 27, 2005 Weather : Fine
Location : Sakura City, Chiba Pref.
Records & Impression
- So far, Sakura marathon race had been held on the first Sunday of March
every year. However, usually, the weather condition is not so good in early March such as snowing, strong cold wind, etc.
The runners do not like those weather conditions. Therefore, the marathon day was changed to the last Sunday of March from this year.
- I left home at 6:00 AM. It was fine. The expected maximum temperature would be 17 degree Centigrade.
- I met my running mate at Nippori Station and took on the limited express of the Keisei Line.
- The car was crowded, but we managed to occupy the seat.
- We arrived in Keiseisakura Station at 8:00 AM and took on the free shuttle bus.
- After finishing the registration, I met Mr. M who ran with me on March 13 at Tachikawa in front of the reception again.
- He would join the 10km race this time. I asked him to wait until we complete the full marathon race for the drink party after the race.
- The start time of full race was 9:30 AM. (30 minutes earlier than that of last year.)
- The starter was Ms. Naoko Takahashi. (The same person as last year's)
- My targeted time of this year was 4 hours 30 minutes.
- When starting, it was blowing and I felt a little bit cold since I wore half-sleeved T shirt and half-pant.
- I started to run at my own pace under the blue sky.
- I felt a little bit tired after passing the middle point.
- It was always blowing and I felt slight difficulty of running against the wind especially while running in the
rice field and alongside the Inbanuma Lake. The only relief was that the wind was not cold.
- After the noon, the temperature started to rise and I felt sunburned.
- This time, I felt that the distance to the goal from 30km point was very far away. I could see the front-runners running
far away in the rice field and I was disgusted that I should still run those distances.
- Anyway, I continued to run, but I was getting exhausted after 35 km point.
- I found that the approach to the goal was completely changed this year. The runners did not need to run up the slope from the
- I was relived, but I had to run up the last slope to the goal on the athletic field.
- My goal time was 4 hours 12 minutes. Not so bad!
- I was satisfied with the record since I did not walk this time.
- After the goal, we cheered with a bottle of Bud, which Mr. M brought. It was cold and delicious!
- We went back to the station by shuttle bus and went to the Chinese restaurant where we go every year after the race.
- We drank beer, sake, etc. and had a good time.
- The limited express of Keiseri Line was so crowded and thus we could not have seat, but we drank 500cc-canned beer again with standing.
- I returned home around 6:30 PM.
|5 km||29 minutes|
|10 km||57 minutes|
|20 km||1 hour 54 minutes|
|Middle Point||2 hours 01 minute|
|25 km||2 hours 25 minutes|
|30 km||2 hours 54 minutes|
|35 km||3 hours 24 minutes|
|40 km||3 hours 54 minutes|
|Goal||4 hours 12 minutes|