Kasumigaura Marathon Race (The 15th)
Date : Sunday, April 17, 2005 Weather : Fine
Location : Tsuchiura City, Ibaraki Pref.
Details of RaceRefer to the 14th Kasumigaura Marathon Race.
Records & Impression
- I left home past 6:00 AM. It was fine. The expected maximum temperature at Tsuchiura City would be 24 degrees Centigrade. However,
I felt cold in the early morning at Higashi-kurume City.
- I went to Ueno Station to get on the first train since I left home earlier than scheduled.
- I could meet my running mates in the train and have a seat. When the train left Ueno, all seats were occupied. I was lucky.
- The train reached Tsuchiura Station at 8:42 AM and we arrived in the marathon site before 9:00 AM.
A lot of runners were already there.
- The full marathon race would start at 10:00 AM. By the time of start, the temperature was rising.
- I could be in the front part of the lines as that of last year and thus I could pass the start line
1 minutes 15 seconds after the start.
- It was hot and I started to sweat only after running a few kilometers.
- Soon I could catch up with the last group of 10 miles runners who started 10 minutes earlier.
Then I could pass Ms. Yuko Arimori who was running with blind runner before 10 km point.
- It was breezing and the temperature was rising more and more.
I felt that it's a little bit hard to run under the hot weather.
- Almost no wind was blowing between 15km and 20 km. I wondered if I could finish the race.
- However, when entering into the course along the coast of Kasumigaura Lake, the head wind
was blowing and I could forget the hotness and continue to run at my usual pace.
- During the rear half, there were several private aid stations where rice balls were served.
I picked up 3 rice balls from 3 aid stations and ate up. Thus I could refresh and continue to run.
- Before 30 km point, I took an AMINO VITAL with water as supplement. It was effective to run
under hot weather.
- After 30 km, I tried to run without thinking anything.
- The head wind was getting stronger after 35 km, but I continued to run as much as possible. This time, I could run without slowing down
the pace after a long interval.
- When passing 40 km, the time was 3 hours 50 minutes. I thought I could complete the race within 4 hours if I paced up.
I tried to run as fast as possible to the goal. However, during the last 2 km, the head wind was stronger than before and
I could not seed up.
- Anyway, I could complete the race in 4 hours 4 minutes. It's not so bad for me. I am fully satisfied with the result.
- After the race, we cheered with canned beer which one of my running mates brought. It was so delicious under the hot weather. The weather was almost summer after the race!
- Then we went to the Chinese restaurant we always visited so far, however, somehow, the restaurant was closed. Instead, we went to the noodle restaurant
in the Itoh Yokado Store in front of the station. We cheered again with draft beer. Unfortunately, Japanese sake
was not served there.
- After the party, we managed to get on the first train. We drank Sake in the train and soon I fell into asleep.
- I got home before 7:00 PM. This was my last full marathon race in this season.
|10 km||55 minutes|
|15 km||1 hour 23 minutes|
|20 km||1 hour 52 minutes|
|Middle Point||1 hour 59 minutes|
|25 km||2 hours 23 minutes|
|30 km||2 hours 50 minutes|
|35 km||3 hours 23 minutes|
|40 km||3 hours 58 minutes|
|Goal||4 hours 04 minutes|