Sakura Marathon Race (The 25th)
Date: Sunday, March 26, 2006 Weather: Sunny
Location: Sakura City, Chiba Pref.
T Shirt Design
Records & Impression
- I left home at 6:00 AM. It was cloudy and cold a little bit.
- I met with my running mates at Nippori Station and took on the limited
express train of Keisei Line bound for Narita Airport at 7:09 AM. Fortunately,
we could have seats.
- We arrived in Keisei Sakura Station at 8:02 AM.
- A lot of runners were waiting for free shuttle bus in front of the station.
- This year, the number of buses was not enough. We had to wait for a while.
- It was rainy in the morning around Chiba Pref. I was worrying about the weather. However,
fortunately, the rain already stopped before we arrived in Sakura.
- The weatherman said the maximum temperature would be 16 degrees Centigrade.
When I reached the marathon site, it was breezing and not cold. Thus I decided to
run with half pants and half-sleeved T-shirt. It proved that it was a good decision.
- The full marathon race started at 9:30 AM. The number of runners was not so many compared with other
major marathon races. The loss time to the start point was only one minute. I set my goal time as
4 hours 30 minutes since I joined the race after an interval of almost 4 months.
- I could run smoothly until 10 km point. I could enjoy seeing spring flowers such as daffodils, rape blossoms, forsythias, etc. while running.
I found a lot of horsetails were growing alongside the running course.
- The wind started to blow while I was running in the paddle field. I was relived that the
wind was not cold north wind, but mild one.
- Before the start of the race, the announcement was made that the rabbits of sub-three, sub-four and sub-five
would run the race. Just before the 30 km point, I could catch up with the rabbit of sub-four.
- I could not pass him to the goal, but I tried to follow as much as possible. I was a little bit tired after 30 km point.
- After 34 km point, the course was in the paddle filed, where I ran in the initial stage (The direction was opposite.).
The course was monotonous and thus I was getting tired of running. A lot of runners started to walk. Anyway,
I tried to continue to run with my own pace.
- Finally I passed the 40 km point. The time was 3 hours 45 minutes. I thought I could finish the race within 4 hours.
- It was so hard to run after I saw the display saying "500 m to the goal" since there existed
a slope to the goal in the athletic field. Anyway, I ran as fast as I could to the goal.
- The goal time was 3 hours 58 minutes. I could complete the race within 4 hours.
- After the race, I celebrated the completion of the race with my running mates by drinking canned beers, which I brought.
- Later we came back to the station by shuttle bus and went to the Chinese family restaurant where we went every year to have
an after-the-race party,.
- The restaurant was crowded as usual. We cheered with beers and sakes.
- By the way, the service of the restaurant was not so nice every year since the number of
waitresses was not enough. Does anyone know better restaurant around there?
- I got home around 6:30 PM. I was satisfied with the result of the race today.
| 5 km||28 minutes|
|10 km||55 minutes|
|20 km||1 hour 49 minutes|
|Middle Point||1 hour 55 minutes|
|30 km||2 hours 51 minutes|
|35 km||3 hours 15 minutes|
|40 km||3 hours 45 minutes|
|Goal||3 hours 58 minutes|