Sano Marathon Race (The 6th)
Date: Sunday, December 12, 2010 Weather: Fine
Location: Sano City, Tochigi Pref.
Details of Race:Refer to the fourth Sano Marathon Race
T-shirt Design (Front)
T-shirt Design (Back)
|5 km||28 minutes|
|10 km||56 minutes|
|15 km||1 hour 24 minutes|
|20 km||1 hour 56 minutes|
|Middle Point||2 hours 00 minutes|
|25 km||2 hours 23 minutes|
|30 km||3 hours 00 minutes|
|35 km||3 hours 33 minutes|
|40 km||4 hours 08 minutes|
|Finish||4 hours 24 minutes|
- I had a sore throat immediately after Tsukuba marathon race in November.
Thus I continued to take cold medicine, but I could not recover. And I could not
run during the period. All I could run was 14 km on previous Saturday.
I could not have enough training.
- Furthermore, I had three consecutive drink parties just before marathon day.
It's hard to say that I was good condition for marathon race.
- I left home around 5:30 AM. I arrived in Sano City Station at 8:00 AM via Seibu, Musashino & Tobu Lines.
- On reaching the station, a lot of runners made a long line in front of the station to get on
free shuttle bus. The line reached to the ticket gate of the station.
- It seemed to take time to get on the bus, but fortunately, I could get on the second bus.
- After reaching the athletic field, I got a number cloth and T-shirt at the gymnasium.
- The weatherman said it would be sunny and cold. However, it was fine and warm owing to full sunshine.
I did not feel cold when I changed wears out of doors.
- While waiting the start, I looked for my running mate. However, I could not find him.
Then I took a rice ball, which I made at home. The rice ball seemed to contribute the energy
in the first half.
- It was announced that more than 2,000 runners joined full marathon race.
The number was small compared with that of race held at metropolitan area.
- The full marathon race started at 10:00 AM. It was really a nice weather for marathon race.
- I started to run to the first turn-around of 15 km.
- Since I wore a thick long sleeve shirt to protect from cold, I started to sweat soon.
- The time at 10 km was 58 minutes. It was good for me.
- Just before reaching 10 km point, I found a cute gal running aside and thus I tried to
catch up with her as much as possible. However, unfortunately, I lost her in the mean time.
- The course from 10 km to 15 km became upward. I felt it took much time to reach 15 km point.
- I passed middle-point just after 2 hours. It was a noon and I heard a blast of siren,
Anyway, I could run in my good condition during the first half.
- This time, I tried to take food (banana, chocolate, lemon) as much as possible
to maintain the energy.
- However, I felt exhausted just before 25 km point. The running pace drastically slowed down and I was passed by
other runners one by one.
- It was so hard for me to reach 30 km point. Anyway, I took M & M chocolate, which I had in the waist porch
- Owing to M & M chocolate, my running pace a little bit recovered after 30 km to
- However, after I reached to the point 5 km to the finish, my running pace again
- I tried to run as fast as possible during last 2 km, but the pace did not recover.
- This year, the runner had to make one turn around the athletic field to complete the race.
It was also hard for me.
- At the initial stage, I thought I could reach the goal just over 4 hours. However, after all,
the goal time was 4 hours 24 minutes. It was almost the same as that of Tsukuba marathon race.
- After changing wears, I had a free pork soup. However, pork meat was not
in the soup. Only deep-fried been curd and green onion were floating
in the soup. It should have been Miso-soup.
- I looked for my running mate again, but in vain. Therefore, I took on the shuttle bus at 3:00 PM.
- I could get on the local train of Tobu Sano Line, where only one train was served every one hour, on time.
- I happened to meet my running mate at the exit of Minami-Koshigaya Station of
Musashino Line. However, I was exhausted and I would have a drink party next day.
Therefore, I just to say good-bye to him and departed. I heard later that he wanted to have a drink
with me at that time.
- I returned home around 18:00. Sano is far away!
- I learned that mental toughness is really necessary to complete full marathon race.
- There were following three control gates for full marathon race: 23 km (2 hours 30 minutes),
30 km (3 hours 15 minutes) & 37 km (4hours 15 minutes)