Tsukuba Marathon Race (The 31st)
Date: Sunday, November 27, 2011 Weather: Obscured sky
Location: Tsukuba City, Ibaraki Pref.
Details of Race:Refer to the 20th Tsukuba Marathon Race.
- This time, a running glove as gift was sent to each runner together with number card in advance.
The design and the fitting are very good. I decided to use at this race. A lot of runners used it.
- I left home before 6:00 AM. The weatherman said it would be sunny, however, it was cloudy
and cold in the morning.
- As usual, I went to Shin-Nagareyama Station of JR Musashino Line via Seibu Line.
Then I transferred to Tsukuba Express Line. The train was not so crowded compared with last year.
- I took off at Kenkyugakuentoshi Station. Fortunately, the position I took off was located just besides the
escalator and thus I could get out of the exit immediately.
Therefore, I could get on the shuttle bus within 15 minutes. It took only 15 minutes to reach the
marathon site by bus. I arrived there around 8:00 AM.
- The layout of the marathon site was completely different from that of last year.
Runners could deposit their baggage into the large tents.
- I could keep the position at the corner and changed the wears.
I went to the toilet early. However, there were huge lines.
- This time, 12,000 runners joined full marathon race and 4,000 runners joined 10 km race.
The marathon site was filled with runners.
- Full marathon race would start at 9:30 AM. I went to the start line around 9:00 AM.
The sun was covered with thin cloud and it was cold.
- The race started at 9:30 AM. It took 3 minutes to pass the start line.
- We ran 3 km in the campus of Tsukuba University and got out of there.
The course was exactly the same as that of last year.
- It was said that it would be getting warm, however, the sky was obscured and
it was not getting warm at all. After all, I could not see blue sky.
However, the temperature was good for running. I did not sweat so much.
- Since the course was almost flat, I could constantly run at a pace of 6 minutes per a kilometer until 30 km.
- I could refresh at 29 km point by taking sweet bean paste soup.
To my joy, I did not feel tired even after passing 30 km.
- However, as usual, I started to feel tired a little after passing 35 km and the running speed slightly slowed down.
- When I reached the 5-km-point-to-the-finish, the speed further slowed down.
I felt that the last 5 km was so far. It was so hard for me to run from the 2nd turn-around point
to 40 km point in the campus.
- I felt thirsty very much just before 40 km point, because I did not drink at the previous
water supply point. Anyway, I drank water like crazy and was relieved at 40 km water supply point.
- Anyway, I could satisfy my thirst and continue to run the last 2 km at my own pace.
- The finish time was 4 hours 17 minutes. I was satisfied with the result.
- I could not meet my running mates this time.
- I intended to go home after changing wears. However, someone was calling my name!
I wondered who it was. I found the guy who worked at the company I once belonged till lately ( I retired lately.)
It was a big surprise. His location was within 10 m where I changed wears.
- We drank canned beers, chatted and exchanged the latest information for a while
- Then, I went to the bus stop around 3:00 PM. I found a huge line. It was longer than that of last year.
It took more than 30 minutes to get on the bus.
- I got back home around 6:00 PM.
|10 km||1 hour 00 minute|
|15 km||1 hour 29 minutes|
|20 km||1 hour 58 minutes|
|Middle Point||2 hours 04 minutes|
|25 km||2 hours 26 minutes|
|30 km||2 hours 58 minutes|
|35 km||3 hours 29 minutes|
|40 km||4 hours 01 minutes|
|Finish||4 hours 17 minutes|