Sakura Marathon Race (The 32nd)
Date: Sunday, March 24, 2013 Weather: Cloudy
Location: Sakura City, Chiba Pref.
- This winter had been also severely cold in Tokyo.
However, spring has come earlier than expected. The bloom of cherry flowers in Tokyo
was seen on March 16, which was the earliest day in history. The cherry blossom in Ueno Park
reached full bloom on March 22.
- Therefore, I expected that the weather of Sakura Marathon would be warm. However, the weekly
forecast said it would be cloudy and rainy and cold. I felt disappointed.
- After all, the weather forecast on Sunday morning was: It would be cloudy and the temperature would be
in an average year.
- Anyway, on Sunday morning, I went to Sakura on the same trains of last year and arrived
in Keisei Sakura Station at 7:40. I could not sit in Keisei Train by a hair.
- A lot of runners were waiting for free shuttle bus from Sakura Station. I gave up the bus and started
to walk. It was cloudy, windy and cold in the morning.
- I reached the marathon site around 8:00 AM. I registered and got the number cards.
I found that I had to make line to get the T-shirt. However, there was a lone line for T-shit.
It took much time to get it. T-shirt should be handed when registered.
- It was still cold and I wore a long-sleeve T-shirt together with vinyl bag.
- Full marathon race started at 9:30. Loss time was almost 2 minutes.
The down road from the athletic field was narrow and crowded. It was dangerous.
- I missed 5-km indication. I took off vinyl bag after passing 6 km.
The wind was blowing, but it was not so cold while running.
- Until 10 km point, the course was narrow and it was difficult to pass the other runners.
I continued to run in no rush.
- It had been cloudy. The wind was not so strong. The temperature had been the same. It was
good weather for marathon race. The only problem for me was that I was frequently
desperate for pee.
- I could finally get bread at 12-km water supply point and got energy.
After that, I had bread at every water supply point. I could run smoothly during
first half. The running pace was 6 minutes per one kilometer.
- The wind was not so strong while running alongside Teganuma Lake.
- After passing 22-km point, I started to feel "Runners High" in a long time.
I felt that my body went of myself. Fortunately, this condition continued until more than 30 km point.
I could pass many other runners. I wondered how I could run so smoothly.
I couldn't remember when I felt such feeling last time.
- There was a row of cherry blossom trees alongside Inbanuma Lake.
Cherry blossom was not in full bloom. Instead, yellow flowers of forsythia were impressive.
- This time, owing to "Runners High", I could keep my guts to run until 40 km point.
- The passing time of 40 km point was just 4 hours.
- As might be expected, I felt tired after 40 km point. I slowed down and continued
to run to the finish.
- The last 500 m to the finish was slope to the athletic field.
My runnig pace further slowed down, but I continued to run with my last energy.
- Finish time was 4 hours 15 minutes. This time, I was satisfied with my running condition.
I could run constantly from the start to 40 km point without walking.
- This time, I joined the race by myself. My running mate who joined with me every year
went to Amsterdam for new assignment.
- After completing the race, I once thought to drink beer. However,
it was still cloudy and getting cold. I gave up and hurried to the bus stop for the
station after changing wears.
- A lot of runners were still coming back to the athletic field.
- Runners were making a long line at the bus stop. However, I didn't want to walk
to the station. I was forced to wait to get on the bus.
- I could get the seat on the express train from Sakura Station at 14:50.
I could get home before 17:00. Earlier than expected.
|6 km||37 minutes|
|10 km||1 hour 00 minutes|
|15 km||1 hour 29 minutes|
|20 km||1 hour 59 minutes|
|Middle-point||2 hours 06 minutes|
|25 km||2 hours 29 minutes|
|30 km||2 hours 59 minutes|
|35 km||3 hours 29 minutes|
|40 km||4 hours 00 minutes|
|Finsih||4 hours 15 minutes|