Tsukuba Marathon Race (The 33rd)
Date: Sunday, November 24, 2013 Weather: Fine
Location: Tsukuba City, Ibaraki Pref.
Details of RaceRefer to the 20th Tsukuba Marathon Race
- Last year, I got a ticket for Osaka Marathon Race and thus I did not join the race.
(I gave up Osaka Marathon Race owing to foot injury.)
- This year, the first cold blast came in early November and became cold suddenly.
As a result, I carelessly caught a cold. Therefore, I could not train satisfactory for this race.
- I left home at 5:30 AM on Sunday. It was cold outside.
- As usual, I reached Kenkyugakuen Station via Seibu Line, Musashino Line and Tsukuba Express.
- Invariably, there was a long line of runners for shuttle buses to the marathon site in front of the station.
- Anyway, I arrived in the marathon site around 8:00 AM.
The site was already so crowded with runners.
- I found a small space in the crowd and changed the wears.
- It was fine and warm even in the early morning. I decided to wear a long-sleeve T-shirt,
tights and short pants. My choice was lucky as I discuss later.
- I went to the toilet. However, there were so many runners and long, long lines!
I waited by 9:00, however, my turn was far away. Since the start time of full marathon race would be 9:30 AM,
I gave up the toilet and went to the start line.
- Different from previous time, it was warm when started. More than 13,000 runners joined the
full marathon race.
- The race started at 9:30 AM. The loss time was almost 3 minutes.
- The course was the same as that of 2 years ago. After one turn around in the campus of Tsukuba
University, the runners went out to the outside.
- I could run as usual to 10 km point. It was so warm and a little bit hot for running.
Two 4-hour pace runners passed me just before 10 km point. I could not follow them.
- After passing 10 km point, a row of gingyo trees appeared. The contrast between yellow leaves and blue sky
- Just before 15 km point, I came across the clear number one runner. He dashed away
- The course was crowded with runners until 20 km point. I tried to follow two young male runners who
ran almost same running pace with me. (In my heart, I wished I could follow young gal!)
- Soon after first turn-around point, there existed middle-point. The passing time was 2 hours 04 minutes,
which was the exactly the same as that of 2 years ago.
- I could managed to pass 25 km point. At 29 km point, I could get a cup of sweet bean paste soup
- Immediately after, I dropped in the toilet. I had to wait for a while. I wasted more than 5 minutes, but I did not
care since I already ran almost 30 km.
- My running pace gradually slowed down after passing 30 km point. But I tried to continue to run.
- I could pass 35 km point, but when I saw the sign "5 km to the finish",
I suddenly felt exhausted and was losing my energy to run.
- My running speed further slowed down. I was almost walking. A lot of runners passed me.
Furthermore, I frequently felt thirsty because of warm weather.
- After a long interval, it was so difficult for me to run last 3 km. I began to feel like crying. I could not run as I thought.
- Before 40 km point, 4 hour and 30 minutes pace runners passed me.
- During last 2 km, I repeated run and walk. Other runners passed me again.
- I finally reached the point 1 km to the finish. However, I was completely exhausted and my energy was lost.
But I tried to slowly run to the finish with last energy.
- However, just before entering into the athletic field (just 100 meters to the finish), oh my god!
On the moment I staggered, I fell to the ground! It's an instant incident!
- I showed my awkward posture in front of many gallery.
- Actually, I could not think about gallery. When I got up, I was astonished to find that my right fifth finger
was bleeding. I felt pain on my hand and foot. However, I had to complete the race.
- Anyway, I stumbled to the finish. I continued to feel pains and did not feel delight
for completing the race.
- After getting a certificate, I dropped in the first aid station.
I got a first-aid procedure for the wound.
- When I carefully looked the wound, I found a several scratches on my right hand, right arm and right knee and
the blood was oozing. The staff sterilized my wound and put Band-Aids on them.
I had never visited first-aid station at the race. However, when I visited there, I found a lot of
runners with some problems visited there. Anyway, I appreciated a staff that kindly took care of me.
- I dragged along to the place I put my luggage and hurried to change wears.
When changing wears, I found my right shoulder was also injured.
- This time, since I wore long-sleeve shirt and tights, I could minimize my wounds.
If I wore short sleeve T-shirt and half pants only, my wounds got worse. I was lucky that
I did not hit my head when I fell.
- If there was any solace, it was warm and calm all day. Even around 15:00, it was warm and comfortable.
- Again I trudged toward the bus stop to Kenkyugakuen Station.
There was a long line of runners. It took almost 20 minutes to get on the bus.
I was forced to stand up in the bus. It was hard for me.
- Fortunately, when returning to the home, the connection of each train was so good.
- So far, I have never thought that I injured at the marathon race. However, I got injured
actually. I now think I should limit myself, taking my age into consideration.
- The staff of first-aid station told me that I should carefully wash the wound with soup and sterilize.
As soon as I got home, I took a shower and washed and sterilized as told. I also put an anti-inflammatory analgesic plaster
on my right shoulder. My body was filled with Band-Aids.
- On Monday, I still felt pain on my shoulder. I replaced the plaster with new one and had a painkiller
to ease pain. I had no choice but to keep still for a while.
|5 km||31 minutes|
|10 km||1 hour 00 minute|
|15 km||1 hour 29 minutes|
|20 km||1 hour 57 minutes|
|Middle-point||2 hours 04 minutes|
|25 km||2 hours 26 minutes|
|30 km||3 hours 03 minutes|
|35 km||3 hours 37 minutes|
|40 km||4 hours 14 minutes|
|Finish||4 hours 32 minutes|