Tokyo Kita Marathon Race (The 56th)
Date: Sunday, June 7, 2015 Weather: Cloudy then sunny, occasinally cloudy
Location: Kitaku, Tokyo
Details of RaceFRefer to Tokyo Kita Marathon Race (The 46th).
- The weatherman said it would be sunny in day time and the maximum temperature would be 26 degrees Centigrade.
It is necessary to prepare for preventing sunburn and heat stroke.
- I left home at 6:00 AM. It was cloudy and cool.
- I got on the semi-express train bound for Ikebukuro. However, the train suddenly stopped on the way due to the fact that
some one was on the rail. I was worrying, but to my relief, the train started shortly.
- I took on the Toneri Liner from Nishi-nippori Station. The train was not so crowded with runners since it was
still early in the morning.
- I arrived in the marathon site before 8:00 AM with 20-minute walk.
It was getting sunny and hot.
- After finishing registration, I changed wears and wore a heavy layer of sun block.
- As usual, the opening ceremony started past 9:00 AM, then followed radio gymnastic exercises.
- Full marathon race started at 9:30 AM. It was fine and I could see Tokyo Sky Tree clearly this time from
- The course is the exactly the same as that of last year. Full marathon race runners had to run the course of
half marathon race twice.
- First, runners ran downstream alongside Arakawa River approx. 6 km, then returned to the starting point and ran
upstream approx. 5 km to the turn-around point and returned to the starting point again.
- When running down the stream, cool wind was blowing and thus it was comfortable to run. However, when running up the stream, no wind
was blowing, resulting in hot condition. Under such conditions, I felt sometimes I might be at risk for heat stroke.
- At the initial stage, I felt that my running condition was not so good. However, soon
I felt the condition was recovering.
- The indication of running distance was at random. But I could make sure that the passing time at 10 km point was 1 hour and that of
20 km was 2 hours 03 minutes. Not so bad for me so far.
- When entering 2nd running course, my running pace was slowing down owing to hot weather and fatigue.
- I tried to drink water every time I passed water supply point. However, I could get a small piece of bananas from only a few water supply points.
I could not get enough food for run.
- Since I ran wearing waist porch with caramels and M & M chocolates, I ate them while running.
Thus I could get energy for run. Anyway, more foods should be served at water supply point.
- In the second half, a lot of runners started to walk. However, I continued to run with my own pace.
- River bed course is flat and the scenery is monotonous. It is hard for runners to run long time. I had to run without thinking.
- I arrived in the start point third time, but I had to run approx. 9 km more. I felt the last turn-around point was far away.
To my relief, when coming back from the last turn around point, cool wind was blowing.
- Owing to cool wind, I could refresh. During the last 3 km to the finish, my running pace recovered a little bit.
- I could continue to run to the finish. The finish time was 4 hours 39 minutes.
- Lately, I tried to run 10 km every morning. The effect was great. Constant training is inevitable.
- I could complete 98th full marathon race!
- I joined the race by myself. Therefore, I hurried to go home.
- Suddenly I felt hungry since I took only caramels and chocolates during the race.
- I tried to eat Gyoza with beer at Nisi-nippori Station. However, the restaurant was filled with
guests. I had to give up Gyoza.
- After all, I got back to Higashi-kurume and dropped in Italian restaurant "Saizeria".
I took sausages with cooled white wine (500 CC). I felt that the wine soaked into my body.
I like "Saizeria" since the price and taste is reasonable.
- I came home around 16:30 with drunk. I could prevent sunburn by sun-block cream.
- I will join Tazawako Lake marathon race in September. Soon I will be able to realize
100th full marathon race.
|6 km||36 minutes|
|10 km||1 hour 00 minutes|
|20 km||2 hours 03 minutes|
|Middle-point||2 hours 10 minutes|
|Finish||4 hours 39 minutes|