Tama River Memorial 50 km Running Race for Mr. Toshizo Hijikata (The 10th)
Date: Sunday, May 8, 2016 Weather: Fine
Location: Hino City, Tokyo
Details of Race:Refer to Tama River Memorial 50 km Running Race for Mr. Toshizo Hijikata (The 4th)
|5 km||31 minutes|
|10 km||1 hour 03 minute|
|15 km||1 hour 36 minutes|
|20 km||2 hours 09 minutes|
|25 km||2 hours 42 minutes|
|30 km||3 hours 14 minutes|
|35 km||3 hours 54 minutes|
|40 km||4 hours 33 minutes|
|45 km||5 hours 10 minutes|
|50 km||5 hours 49 minutes|
- Just as last year, I left home past 6:00 AM. I arrived in JR Hino Station of Chuo Line via Seibu and Musashino Line at 7:15 AM.
- When I took on the train of Musashino Line, I saw a group of ladies and gentlemen with hiking wears and goods
whose ages were around 70s. The passenger train was so noisy. Anyway, nowadays, old-aged people are full of vigor.
I am also one of them.
- I reached marathon site at 7:35 AM. The registration started before 8:00 AM. It was fine; the expected maximum temperature
would be 26-degree Centigrade. However, the humidity is low and cool wind was blowing, thus I did not feel hot in the morning.
- I had one soft rice cake stuffed with bean jam before start.
- The 50-km race started at 9:00 AM. This year, runners had to run around the track twice before getting out of the athletic field.
I started to run with last group with no strain. The course was the same as that of last year.
- Firstly, runners ran upstream alongside Tama River to the 15-km point (Fussa City), and then turned back.
Cool wind continued to blow and I didn't feel hot. There were three water-supply points. However, food was not enough.
During the way to the 15-km turning point, candies and chocolates were served, however, during return road, only
water and sports drink were served. Out of need, I had a few my own caramels.
- I could pass several runners during return road.
- Owing to lack of food, I almost run out of energy before I reached the 4th water-supply point located around 30-km point.
However, I found a few kinds of food. I took bananas and pickles to fill my stomach.
- I finally reached the 5th water-supply point just before 35-km point, where I could get enough food.
I took rice balls and fried bean curd stuffed with sushi rice as much as I could.
- Therefore, I could pass 35-km point safely. It was getting slightly overcasted after passing 35-km point.
I didn't feel hot again. However, I felt a little bit tired and I felt that the distance between 35km to 40 km was
- I reached the 6th water supply point located between 35 km and 40 km. I was disappointed that only
fried bean curd stuffed with sushi rice was available there although a various kinds of food were served
- Anyway, I changed my mood and re-started to run. After passing 40km, my running speed started to slow down.
I felt the distance to the 7th water-supply point was far away.
- I managed to pass 45km point. Finally only 5km to the finish!
- I drank water at the final water-supply point.
- I ran as fast as I could during the last 1km to the finish.
- I finally complete the race. The finish time was 5 hours 49 minutes. I was satisfied that
I could complete the race within 6 hours. I didn't feel that I was so tired.
Owing to overcasted weather and cool wind during last half, I could run a little bit comfortably.
- At the opening ceremony, the organizer said abundant foods and drinks were served, however, I didn't think so.
I felt that the quality of food was getting deteriorating year by year.
- This time, I did not run long distance for the race. However, I constantly ran as training and I could ran the
race smoothly. I felt that my physical capacity is not too bad.
- This time, I expressed many complaints about foods. A grudge about food is horrible!
- I dropped in Italian restaurant at Akitu and drank rose wine and felt comfortable.
- After getting home, I took a shower, and then I found one of nail plate of my left foot were almost peeling off!
That was only one damage.
- The race of this marathon season completed. I am not sure I would join the 50km race next year. It seems that 50km race
would be too hard for over 65 years' old people.