Katsunuma Grape County Marathon Race
Katsunuma County, Yamanashi Pref.
October 19, 1997
Kinds of Races
On the marathon day, special train for this marathon race is operated from Shinjuku Station.
Gift for every participant
- Lunch box
- Memorial telephone card
- Free Grapes/Free wine service!
- Free shuttle bus service from Katsunuma Station to the Marathon Headquarters (It took around 10 minutes)
- By lottery, 3 participants who completed the race can join the Honolulu Marathon Race.
- A fine autumn day. When starting a half-marathon race (10:55AM), it looked like summer due to glaring sunlight.
- The half-marathon course is winding. An uphill road immediately stars and endlessly continues to the first half. It is very hard to run up to the highest point. Many runners give up running and have to walk.
- However, when you come to the highest point, you will have a wonderful view. You can see mountains far away and forget the hardship you have had.
- Then, the downhill road comes. It is also hard to run down. Runners who once walked started to run down in a hurry. I could not catch up with them since I am not good at running down.
- The marathon course passes through the vineyard.
- The course of last 5km is almost flat.
- It was very hard for me due to high temperature.
- My course time was one hour 38 minutes.
- I was satisfied since I could reach a goal.
About Katsunuma Grape County Marathon
- Various events are held at the headquarters. A lot of wineries sell their own wines. You can taste various kinds of wines. It was hard for me to select to buy since there were so many kinds of wines.
- The service available was so-so. The number of toilets was enough.
- After finish, the certificate of finish was issued very speedily!
- Lunch box and instant Miso-soup was served after finish. However, the taste was not so good.