Narita POP Marathon Race
Narita-City, Chiba Pref.
November 2, 1997
- It was fine weather. It was cold in the morning. However, it became mild and breezy when the half-marathon race started.
- After running out the residential section, you will run the course among the rice field, which is flat and is easy to run.
- At both 10km and 15km-points, there were "Water Supply Points" where "Energen" or "water" was provided.
- Passing through the rice-fiels course, you will have uphill.
- It may safely be said that the course is easy to run.
- The number of participants were around 1,300 (half-marathon race). Not so many.
- My course time was one hour and fifity minutes.
- After finish, you will have one "Energen" drink.
- I participated this race twice.
- Registration is completed by 8:30AM.
- Railway service is not convenient since the number of trains serviced in the early morning for both JR Narita line and Keisei line is limited.
- A lottery is held at the opening ceremony. You might get a round-trip ticket to Sapporo or lodging tickets at hotels in Narity City, etc.
- Around the Narita Station, there are not so many restaurants opened on Sunday. Thus we had a difficulty in finding restaurants for lunch.
- A gifit for every participant was T-shirt.