Ogawa Marathon Race
Ogawa-machi, Saimata Pref.
December 14, 1997
The race is held every year in December at Ogawa-machi, "Little Tokyo of Musashi counrty."
Kinds of races
- At the Ogawamachi Station, a pretty conductress of shuttle bus welcomed me. Then, I arrived in the reception. This was my second participation.
- It was fine weather. The half-marathon started at 10:20. Approx. 1,800 runners started.
- For the first half of the course, you will run the Bypass Route 254 which is wide and has several ups and downs.
- The uphill road around Kinshouzan Tunnel (approx. 10km from the start) is a little bit hard to run up.
- For the last half of the course, the road is almost flat and narrow and you will pass through the downtown. A lot of people cheer and the runners pick up.
- The distance indication was made every 5km. For the last 3km, "3km", "2km" and "1km" were shown.
- Water and sports drink were supplied at 3 points.
- "Poke soup" was served after finish.
- My course time was 53 min. at 10km, and 1h 50 min. at finish. I could not finish less than 1h 50mi.( I could not break my record of 1h 50mi.)
- Ogawamachi is famous for the production county of Washi (Japanese paper). There are also three rice wineries (Japanese Sake manufacturer). You can taste delicious Japanese sake. It is good for souvenir!