Jogging from Higashi-kurume city to JR Yuraku-cho Station
Jogging from my home (Higashi-kurume city) to JR Tokyo Yuraku-cho Station
November 27, 1999 (Saturday)
Recently, my working office was changed from Ohimachi to Marunouchi(Headquarters). I jogged from Ohimachi
to my home in July. Thus this time, I tried to jog between my home and headquarters.
However, previous time, I ran from the office to my home and someone told me why you
ran from your office to your home and that the salaried man should run from
his home to his office in case of need. Thus this time, I obeyed his advise.
From Higasikurume-city to JR Yurakucho Station: Distance of approx. 28km
Details of courseF
I firstly entered the Oume Highroad and ran to Shinjuku, then joined
Shinjuku Highroad to the Imperial Palce. Alongside the Imperial Palace,
I finally reached to JR Yurakucho Station. Thus the course is simplier than that
of previous time (i.e. Jogging from Ohimachi to Higashi-kurume).
The courses: Higashikurume - Tanashi - Higashifushimi - Ogikubo - Shinjuku
- Marunouchi - JR Yurakucho Station
|Started at Higashikurume||4:50 AM|
|Arrived in Ogikubo||6:10|
|Arrived in Shin-asagaya||6:20|
|Arrived in Nakano-sakaue||6:45|
|Arrived in Shinjuku||7:05|
|Arrived in Yurakucho||7:58|
Running Record & Impression
- I got up at 3:50 AM. I could not sleep well since I had a plan to get up at 4:00 AM.
- The weather man said it would be cold this morning. However, it was not so cold.
The temperature was 8 degree Centigrade.
- However, I wore long T-shirt and wind-breaker. I also prepared other clothes for
coldness and thus I had to wear a big sack on the back which was a little bit burden
for me at the beginning.
- I started at 4:50 AM in the darkness. The reason why I started so early was
that I didn't like to run in the cars' exhaust gas and that I wanted to spend
the holiday more effectively.
- When I arrived in the Oume Highroad (Approx. 25min. later),I took of the
- Traffic was heavy even early in the morning at the Oume Highroad. The speed of cars was fast.
However, I could run safely on the sidewalk.
- Shortly after entering the Oume Highroad, I heard cheers of young gals. I wonder what it was.
Soon I found that hostesses of snack bar were seeing their guest on the taxi. I was a little bit envious of them,
however, I had to continue to run.
- The course of the Oume Highroad to Shinjuku is almost straight. I did not need to consult the map
and just kept running.
- I could run smoothly and pass the Ogikubo around 6:10. Then, Shin-asagaya, Nakano, I felt that I was
approaching to Shinjuku!
- I could see tall buildings of Shinjuku just when I passed Nakano-sakaue.
So far, the distance from my home was almost 20 km.
Shinjuku High Buildings
- Immediately after crossing the JR line, I arrived in the East Exit of JR Shinjuku station.
Even in the early morning, a lot of young people were strolling.
Some of them might be sitting up. Anyway, I entered the Sinjuku Highroad.
- Shinjuku Highroad runs among the buildings. The wide sidewalk is established.
There were few people there and no one was running. I thought it was a fun to run
on the urban street in the early morning.
- However, I felt a little bit tired since the running distance exceeded more than 20 km.
- After passing Yotsuya, Koujimachi, I encountered a mout of Imperial Palace.
I finally arrived in the jogging course of the Imperial Palace at 7:30!
Several runners were already there. It was my first experience to run around the
Imperial Palace in the moring, however, it was nice to run under the fine weather.
a mout of the Imperial Palace in the morning
- I happened to run after the foreign runner. (I would rather run after young gal!)
- Finally I entered the Marunouchi Main Steet via Imperial Plaza from Double Bridge.
It was 7:58 when I arrived in JR Yurakucho Station.
Marunouchi Main Street
JR Yurakucho Station in the morning
- I assumed that the distance from my home to Yurakucho might be around 25km and it might take
2 hrs 30 min. However, actually, it was approx.28km (28.42km)and it took 2 hrs 50mi. according to my digital watch.
- It was easier course to run than that of Ohimachi to Higashikurume.
- Of course, I returned by train. In the train, I wrote the record and impression of this journey. I arrived in my home at 9:10 AM.
- I ate only two bananas before staring. Since then, I did not take anything. I did not sweat.
- The most annoyance when I run the first course is to find toilet.
This time, I had to run toward the downtown Tokyo and thus there were no park alongside the road
and I could not find the toilets. I had to run into the bush first time and second time,
I was forced to forbear until I arrived in the toilet of the Imperial Plaza.
It was hard to forbear rather than running.
- While I was running through the Oume Highroad, I noticed a lot of convenience stores.
I wonder how they are profitable.
- Anyway, I was happy to run. I should have had a toast with canned beer
immedeately after finishing running.
However, I refrained from it this time!