Shonan International Marathon Race (The fourth)
Date: Sunday, November 8, 2009 Weather: Sunny & cloudy
Location: Ohiso-machi, Kanagawa Pref.
Details of RaceRefer to Shonan International Marathon Race (The third)
|10 km||60 minutes|
|20 km||1 hour 56 minutes|
|30 km||2 hours 56 minutes|
|40 km||4 hours 4 minutes|
|Goal||4 hours 20 minutes|
- I entered two full marathon races both in September and October. However,
I could not join both races due to circumstances. Therefore, this is the race
after an interval of almost 6 months.
- Last year, I went to the marathon site from my home. However,
it took much time and I got in under the wire for starting time.
- In order not to fall into the same rut, I put up at inexpensive business hotel in Kawasaki
City on the previous day.
- On Sunday morning, I checked out the hotel at 5:30 AM and took on the local train
at 5:57 AM bound for Odawara.
- The train was not so crowded, but all seats were occupied.
- However, when stopping at Fujisawa Station, a lot of runners rushed into the train and the
train was so crowded like commuter rush.
- Anyway, the train reached Ninomiya Station at 6:45 AM.
Platform was very crowded with runners and it took much time to get out from the station.
- Shuttle buses were available in front of the station, but runners made a long line.
I gave up the bus and started to walk.
- However, lots of runners were walking and the walking pace was very slow.
When approaching to the marathon site, the jam-up started. I was so irritated.
- I thought it took only 30 minutes to reach, but actually it took 1 hour.
- I rushed to change the wears and went to deposit the baggage.
The location of baggage deposit was changed from that of last year.
- It was hot rather than warm.
- The staring time was ticking down and the runners were gathering to the staring point. However, entering into the course was not permitted as yet.
- After 9:30 AM, we could enter into the course. I went to the position indicating "Within 3 hours 30 minutes to the goal".
I could secure more advantageous position compared with that of last year.
- The race started at 9:00 AM. The distance to the starting line was not so far.
However, the line of runners did not advance after the start.
I was forced to walk to the start line. The loss time was 3.5 minutes.
- Immediately after passing the start line, I could run smoothly.
- The temperature was still high after the start. I started to sweat.
- Distance indication was made every 1 km. However, I could not see 5-km indication.
The time at 6 km was 38 minutes.
- The sun was shining while running to 10-km point. I continued to sweat.
- The time at 10-km point was just 60 minutes! Running pace was 6 minutes per 1 km.
- After 10 km, the sun was in shade and it was getting cool.
- I could manage to pass 20-km point after turn-around of Enoshima Is.
- After 20-km point, the sun appeared again. It was getting hot again.
Until 30-km point, I could keep the running pace of 6 minutes per 1 km.
- I was getting tired after 35-km point as anticipated.
It was so hard to run from 36-km point to the goal.
My running pace drastically slowed down and it took much time to pass each distance (every 1 km) indication.
- I was almost getting tired of running to run the upward Sainan Bypass Road
owing to hotness and hardship. I was almost discouraged that I might not finish the race.
- The running pace of last 5 km was almost the same as that of walking.
I was passed by gals. It was pitiful, but I have no choice.
It was still hot and I was deliriously getting thirstiy.
I drank 2 glass of water at the aid station near 40-km point, then I could finally refresh.
- I intended to continue to run without walking until 40-km point.
I thought it's all right to walk after 40-km pint.
- The time at 40-km point passed 4 hours. I expected that the goal time would be 4 hours 20 minutes.
- I changed the mood during last 2 km and continued to run slowly.
It was so hard to run up the last slope to the goal.
- As expected, the goal time was 4 hours 20 minutes.
I was satisfied with the result since this was my first race of the season.
- It was so hard during the last part of the race. However,
after the race, I immediately recovered and could hardly believe the hardship.
- I could have a variety of food at the aid stations of the last half.
(Bread, banana, small rice ball, etc.) I also could have several large pickled Umes.
- Young gal runners increased recently, which is welcomed.
- After the race, I could have a finish medal. I do not need the medal.
I prefer to reduce the entry fee of Yen 8,000 rather than to receive the medal.
- I took on the local train from Ohiso Station at 14:24 and got home
16:30. When I dropped in the toilet at Ikebukuro Station, I found my face was
white with salt caused by sweat while running.
I felt shamed that I had been in the train of the Tokaido Line with sale-face.
It goes without saying that I washed my face before getting into the train of Seibu Line.